Author Topic: Badge Bind files  (Read 5353 times)

katsumil@gmail.com

• Underling
Badge Bind files
« on: March 24, 2009, 04:49:30 PM »
Hello. First time forum post. want to say first off that I very much enjoy the secvices the HS/Glycernie and the Titan community provide. My suggestion is this. As we know every now and then the ability for HS/Gly to connect and send badge data gets a bit 'confused' While this isn't a big deal, ti causes a hiccup in the registering of collected badges. Now, when your new, this isn't so bad, but for example, I have a Tanker with over 390 badges, and I'e gotten at least 4-6 more since the current HS problem began. Now the bind files are nice, but it means there are 390+ badges it has to needlessly cycle through to verify the badges. That or go through each category screen manually  and cross check, or have printouts handy with dated entires for each badge. It strikes me that since the backend (that we can't see as CIT users) must have a database of some sort (MySQL or ORACLE would be my guess) that is should be possible to create completely custom bind files for an individual toon. Logic wise, it's simple.

a) each badge has a ID number and name as assigned by the game itself.
b) each toon in CIT has the data for their collected and verified badges.

These we know work, as they help make the whole system jive right. Now then...

c) do a compare (by SQL or what have you) between a given Toon's verified badges and the master list. This will give you a list only those badges that need to be checked.

d)parse that list into the individual bind file(s) and either display them on the screen for copy-pasting, or create the little files, and zip them up for the person.

e) after a short time (say 15 minutes), erase any temp files/tables or such used to create the above, as well as the generated files since if the user hasn't grabbed them by then, they weren't that insterested in the first place.

I realize this makes the assumptions of a SQL compliant DB on the backside, and I don't know what is used to drive the site, table layout and such, although I would venture it's a combination of PHP, JS, and ActiveX/ASP but I'm not sure. I do also have a more indepth logic flow for such a project, but not knowing the backend setup I won't totally embarass myself.

Anyways, thanks for letting me put forth this comment.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Badge Bind files
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 06:22:11 PM »
I like your Suggestion, but are you aware of our current version of the "Personal" Binds:

Auto-Generated Binds

Granted it's not as specific as the one you are suggesting, but it's the next best thing.

katsumil@gmail.com

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 12:42:26 AM »
I was not aware of that. Last I had heard there was something in the works, but never saw anything come of it. It should (again, not sure how the backend is done) be possible to take what is there, and make it a personal one. Since it has to grab the badge ID from the master list, if you had a selector for a users toon (or none if a anon user) you could then compare the badges in the category against the specified toon before passing them to the code that actually makes the bindfile(s).

Again, thanks for letting me semi-embarass myself with my own lack of knowing what is outside my field of vision.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 03:19:54 AM »
Happens to the best of us :P.  Since we have this sort of thing already, I'm not sure it'll be worthwhile to attempt to make it more specific as to the suggestion you have.  However, depending on what we do in the near future, this could change.

katsumil@gmail.com

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 10:42:07 PM »
Well as I said, I thought of it since I hate having to cycle through 300+ badges I already have whenever I need to re-sync my toons to CIT. But we shall see what the future holds.

DarthSmaug

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »
umm, I am short on time atm, so I cannot dig much deeper on my own about this issue...

I have tried this before with no good results...now that CiT is down (down being not correct count) atm, I figured I give another go.

ok, so when I place the file, MUST it go in my C: ? as on my game rig, my CoH is on a different partition (the G: drive for Games) anyways, thats all I can think of atm, I am sure more dumb thoughts will surface laters, thanks Titan!

ps-I totally enjoy all! the cool gadgets (glycerine, HS, Mid's HD etc.) wish I had know about this stuff when I 1st played CoH, before my 3 yr. hiatus. thanks again.

@DARTH SMAUG

Lady Thanatos

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 04:19:19 PM »
The bind files can go into any directory you choose. Simply go to the Settitle Bind Generator option (found on the Downloads page if you're curious where I pulled that from) and specify the drive and/or change the bound letter.

I did discover that it's easiest to temporarily place the bind files in a folder on the root directory (i.e.  C:\Binds\ ) instead of the specific City of folder (i.e. C:\Program Files\City of Heroes\ ). The spaces in the folder names cause the bind to think there are multiple arguments as there are no quotes generated in the bind files.

When you're done, simply delete the folder on the root drive and unbind the key ( /bind <key> nop )

-- Lady T

DarthSmaug

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 11:36:14 PM »
Thanks Lady T, I will give it a go later (possibly tonight). Will post results laters.

@DARTH SMAUG

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
SetTitle Generator Updates
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 12:39:20 AM »
    In light of Lady Thanatos' point, of resetting binds post settitle run-through:

Updates to SetTitle's Generator script have been made.

http://cit.cohtitan.com/download:
  • Absolutely no reason to have 2 scripts doing the same exact thing. (Thanks for the script SuckerPunch)
  • SetTitle Generator is now the only place to download your settitle zip.

http://cit.cohtitan.com/settitle:
  • Found that if you try running the initial bind from a directory that doesn't exists... it can crash your game. Now has disclaimer.
  • The instructions now change dynamically with the information users will change.
  • Added a check all box, in lieu of the other script's obsolescence.
  • The line you must paste into the game client will select ALL necessary text upon clicking anywhere in the field.
  • The new half of the initial settitle string will save your binds to the same folder, and re-instate them after everything is done. It will overwrite while jumping for character to character. (Credit goes to, Lady Thanatos, for the idea)
  • Also fixed the issue where left over badges weren't running. (It runs by 10s, so if the final number of setitle wasn't divisible by 10 it wouldn't create a numbered file... now it will)
~Steinerd

DarthSmaug

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 03:42:43 PM »
hmm, just tried this 2x in a row and CoH crashes...

/bind_save_file_silent "C:\binds\user_bindfile.txt" $$bindloadfile "C:\binds\settitle.txt"

thats what I am to enter into chat right?
or is it supposed to be modified? I extracted to my C: root folder.
will try moar later i guess. thanks!

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 05:47:35 PM »
You have to extract it to C:\binds

create a folder off your C drive called "binds".
~Steinerd

DarthSmaug

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 09:56:36 AM »
You have to extract it to C:\binds

create a folder off your C drive called "binds".

ah, trying now.

:)

Hey Hey! That worked! Woot! Thanks so much Steiner!!! TY TY TY!!!
now, only like 12 more toons to do that with, then I will be good.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:42:23 PM by r3dr1d3r177 »