Author Topic: All characters gone ?  (Read 7469 times)

BlindFaith

• Minion
Re: All characters gone ?
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 09:07:41 PM »
You can do that, the count is wrong on the site, it will reflect the right count once fixed without you having to do anything extra.

Not entirely true. On most of my toons, the extra badges where accolades that were mis-counted from what appeared to be a settitle offset with the last issue (I13 and the Day Job Accolades). This occurs at the moment of confirmation. As far as I know, confirmed badges will not be auto deleted from the db. I've had to manually delete these each time.

Now I just have to re-load 264 toons, their Badges and photos for my friend in Iraq, and my 115... Maybe I'll just spend a week getting map served on the I14 Beta every 30 minutes (might be funner).

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 11:52:50 PM »
AHHHH crap, Your right. MavX pointed this out to me... I had put some "related badge" logic in our badge admin tool and when Day Jobs were released, they didn't exactly meet the logic causing more badges added than it should.

Emailing Topic to myself to remind me to finish fix this before the day is out.

Wow, you guys are just laying on the guilt... ouch...
~Steinerd

BlindFaith

• Minion
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 05:14:50 AM »

Wow, you guys are just laying on the guilt... ouch...

Sorry. Was just a little frustrated. Like had been said elsewhere... I'd rather have it than not. I'd have to write the bloody thing myself and my spreadsheet is cumbersome enough as it is.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 12:43:10 PM »
I can understand your frustration, be securely happy that measures have been taken to avoid this from never happening again. (Though they were taken before this, but as you have it, bad luck + my stupidity = broken CIT)
~Steinerd