Author Topic: CIT Characters Listings  (Read 8657 times)

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
CIT Characters Listings
« on: March 29, 2009, 05:03:47 PM »
I really hate to be the bringer (and cause) for this bad news...

Friday night/Saturday morning, I was working on a new PHP based web service for our good friends and HeroStats.

I tested a very tedious script that took me about 3 hours to get right.

Before each test I ALWAYS make a backup, post my first two screw-ups when I was "hired"... it was kind of made a mandatory thing. Well, I got lazy on this one. When we make the backup, we're supposed to post that backup BACK on the server as a different table and test on that table, as to NOT mess with the live data.

I simply just made the backup assuming if I messed something up, I'd be able to just restore it.

Well, I messed a whole deal up... and for some reason the backup file that was created our mysql server won't accept. It was throwing "corruption" errors. Upon further inspection... the sql file stopped backing up information about a third the way through.

Simply logging back on via Glycerine or HS (post web-service fix) and restoring your badges should fix everything.

I had to empty out 3 tables:

Character's
Character's Bios
Character's Badges

This will be like a clean slate... I sincerely apologize for any frustration this may have caused you and again so for any frustration it might cause you having to add all of your characters back. 

This will effect everyone, even people who had added their characters post the accident.

I'm disabling access to the web services for a half hour and then I'll post back here when everything is ok to use again.

Again, I'm SOOOO sorry about this... I was practically in tears and cold-sweat when I realized what I did. I will make sure this does NOT happen again on any part of the Titan Network.
~Steinerd

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
Re: CIT Characters Listings
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 09:32:29 PM »
now i see what you mean ...
oh well ... gives me the opportunity to get everything in sync :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:57:14 PM by Shades29A »
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: CIT Characters Listings
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:33:57 PM »
I seriously love your upbeat attitude. It makes me happy :D
~Steinerd

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli