Author Topic: COH FAces Issue...  (Read 9768 times)

Matthew Orlock

• Underling
COH FAces Issue...
« on: April 05, 2009, 02:04:20 PM »
I am unable to access COH FAces after I log into my titan key account. This is a reasonably new issue for me. But has pretty much left me unable to interact with my friends on here. >_<

I go to internet options and delete everything  asnd I can acces the website just fine, but as soon as I sign into my titankey account my IE won't load up the page. :/

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: COH FAces Issue...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 03:59:37 PM »
I'll look into it and get back to you.
~Steinerd

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 04:08:44 PM »
Well, It seems it set your username to "Mathhew Orlock" and didn't fill in the name field at all and your URL on faces didn't match your titan key url... I've changed it so the login should match and work now.

Anyone else having Faces log in issues?
~Steinerd

Matthew Orlock

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 03:48:18 PM »
I'm still getting the same issue. I sign into my titant key on coh faces. the page loads up fine.. Soon as I try to click on anything I'm given the old "Internet Explore Cannot Display this page" Error screen.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 04:20:50 PM »
What's the address it is taking you that it's saying that?
~Steinerd

Matthew Orlock

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 11:26:32 PM »
really?

So it's logging you in an then you click something and it gives you a Missing error. Check your McAfee or Norton settings,  you might have a keyword to disable these sites or something. You are literally the only person having this issue. Try loading up Mozilla firefox or some other browser, see if it gives you the same headache.

~Steinerd

Vivace

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 11:39:14 PM »
A friend of mine is having problems too. Will get info asap.

Matthew Orlock

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 05:34:15 AM »
really?

So it's logging you in an then you click something and it gives you a Missing error. Check your McAfee or Norton settings,  you might have a keyword to disable these sites or something. You are literally the only person having this issue. Try loading up Mozilla firefox or some other browser, see if it gives you the same headache.

Yes, as soon as I log in and try to go to a different page on the website I am told by I.E. that it is unable to connect. .. I would try to use a different web browser but this is the only one i have on my computer! >_<

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 04:21:52 PM »
Do a quick download of Firefox and give it a shot.  Sounds like it's something set in your Security Settings, but I just can't think of what exactly...

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 05:41:23 PM »
yea, if it is giving you the same trouble in Firefox, good chance your security suite has blocked cookies from our site on accident, or blocked faces altogether.
~Steinerd

Matthew Orlock

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 09:59:01 AM »
Alright I tried it with firefox, Site wouldn't load using that either. I got this error information form it.

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Faerie

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 09:56:22 AM »
Hiya I only signed up yesterday as I'm new to the game!

I managed to sign up yesterday but as soon as I logged in Firefox gave me the following message

Content Encoding Error
*  Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem

I have also just tried to get through via IE and it states that it cannot display the webpage!

Hope this helps!!

*edit* I have also deleted my cookies and internet history - still same message on Firefox and IE lets me log in and then after that if I click on any links it says it cannot display webpage.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:00:50 AM by Faerie »

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 01:22:21 PM »
I wonder... can you two victims go here http://www.mcafee.com/us/?

If you can, in FF goto "Tools->Clear Private Data (on default settings popup should appear)->Check them all EXCEPT passwords!->OK.

Reload what ever page you're currently on with CTRL+F5.

In IE,
Quote from: M$ Troubleshooting Site
Internet Explorer 7

1. Start Internet Explorer.
   2. On the Tools menu, click Delete Browsing History.
   3. Select the check box next to Temporary Internet Files.
   4. Select the check box next to History.
   5. Select the check box next to Form data.
   6. Select the check box next to Cookies.
   7. At the bottom of window, click Delete.
   8. Close Internet Explorer, start Internet Explorer again, and then try to access the Web page.

Internet Explorer 6

1. Start Internet Explorer.
   2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
   3. In the Temporary Internet Files section, click Delete files, and then click to select the Delete all offline content text box and click OK.
   4. In the History section, click Clear history, and then click Yes.
   5. Close Internet Explorer, start Internet Explorer again, and then try to access the Web page.

If problem persists, let me know and I will investigate it on our end. The errors you are getting can't possibly be right unless every single page in face is sending ISO & UTF encoding on the same page, and SuckerPunch & Mav-X are very in-tuned with the standards when they create sites, so faces should be more or less perfect on that front.
~Steinerd

Matthew Orlock

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 10:13:03 PM »
Not sure why you want us to check out Mcafee's homepage.... :P
As for what you suggested, that's what I have been doing to be able to make sure the site is up, which it works perfectly fine right up until i try to login on my account there.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 12:06:50 AM »
Well... if you can't view mcafee than you have the conflicter worm... which might be causing you some issues.

This is only happening to a few people... anyone who is having this issue, I think the only way for me to help is to get on your computer and see it for myself.

There is the very secure, very easy to use application "GoToAssist Express" it developed by the same guys who from Citrix Solutions. What we do is, you goto a website, pop in a 9 digit key privy only to you, and we share your computer session.

User has complete trump controls... meaning, YES i can control the mouse and keyboard, but at any moment if you (the user) touches either, it will disable my abilities to do so until you become idle again.

If you agree to this, just send me a PM here on the forums and we'll get it rolling. I SWEAR I won't hurt anything. The only way I'm going to figure this out is by first-hand.
~Steinerd

Faerie

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 10:28:32 PM »
It is very bizarre, I've cleared out all my internet history, cookies etc and I can access the site as long as I don't sign in.  When I do sign in I get the homepage reload to say I'm signed in but if I click on any links after that, that's when the IE-cannot display this page comes up or FF - Content Encoding Error.

I have just found that when this error message appears in FF if you press CTRL + F5 the page reloads to what you are trying to view.  Any links you click on still bring up the error message but again CTRL + F5 and the page appears.  Very random but at least it's a start to accessing things while signed in!!