Author Topic: confused about verification  (Read 5575 times)

roguemoon

• Underling
confused about verification
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:27:49 AM »
How do I do it? I'm really sorry, but I've read through some of the topics and found stuff about "bind files" but I am just not able to wrap my mind about what steps I have to take to get my badges and info verified. Thank you in advance.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: confused about verification
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 12:52:09 PM »
kk, pretty easy.

• Download either HeroStats or Glycerine (Link)
  • Open the application Up
  • Open Game client. (HS requires a few more steps then Glycerine, so until you get your head wrapped around this, I suggest using Glycerine.)
  • Once one of those tracking applications have been downloaded, click the "SetTitle Bind Generator" at the bottom of the linked page (Link)
  • Change your settings to what you prefer, or keep the default, and follow the directions on that page. They will change based on your settings.
  • Read carefully and don't skim-read.

Make sure the default directory exists, C:\binds  will mean you have to CREATE a new directory off your C drive called "binds". Most extraction applications will create the folder for you, just make sure you extract it to the same location you have set as "default directory" on that set title bind generator.
  • Click the link line on the 2nd direction of that page copy it (CTRL+C) and paste it (CTRL+V) into your game client.
  • Start pressing your "Default Key" you set on the set title generator over and over again kind of slowly until you get a tell (twice) saying "ALL DONE" :D.
~Steinerd

roguemoon

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 09:28:30 PM »
Thank you very much!

stickman68

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 01:31:26 PM »
Hi, I downloaded everything, made a bind folder in my c drive, downloaded to c then Copy 2nd line?? what 2nd line, please be more specific about what line, I copyed the bind folder to my client and did both in game txt, both from the link page and the 1 from Mavrick, and nothing, please what am I doning wrong??

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 01:38:18 PM »
If you look toward the bottom of the page where you downloaded the bind files, you'll see a line that says:

In-Game, on the chat line type: /bind_save_file_silent "C:\binds\user_bindfile.txt" $$bindloadfile "C:\binds\settitle.txt"

You want to copy the part in bold and paste it into the chat/command line in City of Heroes.  You should then be able to start pressing the key you specified as your default key ('T' if you didn't change it) to begin verifying your badges.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

stickman68

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 01:44:57 PM »
Do I have to copy the bind folder that I made in my C drive to my client?

stickman68

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 01:46:16 PM »
Sorry I am not that computer savy when it cames to this stuff

stickman68

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 03:31:03 PM »
Hello again lol, I'm getting an in game error Unable to read in keybind file: C:\binds\settitle.txt, after I copy and paste from site to in game chat and hit enter. I tink I am missing a step or two.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 04:26:32 PM »
Hello again lol, I'm getting an in game error Unable to read in keybind file: C:\binds\settitle.txt, after I copy and paste from site to in game chat and hit enter. I tink I am missing a step or two.
Make sure that you have copied the files from inside the zip file into the C:\binds\ folder.  It should look something like this

Inside the settitle folder will be a series of txt files that were also included inside the generated zip file

stickman68

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 12:50:02 PM »
Ok I got it working thx for the help ! ! ! !