Author Topic: Characters on Training Room Server  (Read 4433 times)

WHTJunior

• Underling
    • WHTJunior Studios
Characters on Training Room Server
« on: May 14, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »
In my search, I couldn't find an answer for this, so I'll ask here...

I tried to save a Training Room character into my list, but it won't save the server name. Will we be able to include these characters at some point, or are they in limbo? ;)

Also, while I'm here, I was wondering if there is a way to set the sort direction in my list before saving it. For example, I want it to sort by level, but with the higher levels at the top.

Thank you,
-WHTJunior

[edit] I guess I could have mentioned that this was for City Info Tracker, and using Glycerine, right? ;) [/edit]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:51:02 AM by WHTJunior »

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Characters on Training Room Server
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 12:28:35 PM »
I don't believe the scanners that Glycerine and Herstats use actually read from the Test Server...

As for your sort question, simply click "Show Details" on the box with "NEW! You can now save your character sorting permanently." and it will guide you on how to do it.
~Steinerd

WHTJunior

• Underling
    • WHTJunior Studios
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:29:53 PM »
Well, I know that I can save them in a specific order, but if I get a few levels on someone, they don't automatically slide to the correct location. I then have to come here and move them each time. I guess I could just do that, even though I was hoping I didn't have to.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 10:45:58 PM »
Well, I know that I can save them in a specific order, but if I get a few levels on someone, they don't automatically slide to the correct location. I then have to come here and move them each time. I guess I could just do that, even though I was hoping I didn't have to.
Don't worry about dragging and dropping characters in the list.

Click the blue header of the column you want to sort by.  This should automatically change the ordering of the list.  Try swapping between different columns to see this effect.  To cancel this out, close or navigate away from the page.

To save this sorting, you click on the column, then on the "Save Sorting" button.  This should pop up a javascript message that says "Characters now set to sort by XXX column", with XXX being the column you chose.  If you drag and drop, then hit save, it will say "Characters now custom sorted!".

After you save, refresh the page and you should be able to see the difference.

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 01:17:49 AM »
HeroStats will read from the training server, but it won't send any updates to the web site unless you tell it to. View->Global Options->Web Sites tab, Block Test Server Updates option. By default, this option is on, meaning no test-server-related updates will go to the web sites. I'm not sure what the site will actually do if you turn this option off and start sending test server updates.
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer
Proud Member of Legion of Valor and Fallen Legion

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 02:45:30 AM »
I don't think it will send to CIT because we don't have Test as a valid server... it's probably just going to error out.
~Steinerd

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 03:00:46 PM »
With that HS Option, and back on the original CIT Site, we did have a Test or Training Server list.  I do recall seeing it with my Toons that I kept copying over which eventually ceased with the input of the HS Option, and now the complete removal of the Training Server from our Lists.

So, we no longer track Training Server stuff :P.