Author Topic: need mega help with IO set  (Read 5013 times)

Forsaken Empire

• Underling
need mega help with IO set
« on: May 23, 2009, 01:49:17 PM »
i like to start making IO set for my toons, but when i tried to use these building builds things, i get very confussed and not to sure what is working to it full power, i don't like to spend tons of money by building a toon with too much stuff on it that won't work right or that it was pointless put more on then needed.

i not asking for someone come and build me a toon as it won't feel like my toon no more but someone to help me go though these IO maybe or something and let me make a better choices/understanding on them
No I won't go to hell I've got a restraining order

faero malikite

• Lieutenant
Re: need mega help with IO set
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 04:21:21 AM »
OK...ill give you my 2 cents on the builders..they are a great tool if you know what you want to do with your toon..so depending  1)on the toon 2) what you want to do with the toon 3) how much you want to spend and well you get the idea......

If you want to create a toon that is high recharge for instance..you would plug in the power for the build...then right click over the empty slot..you can then select 9depending on the power0 from sever choices..such as SO< IO< SET..these are usually listed across the box that pops up when u right click,,then along the right side it will show icons of the set categories you can choose from..ie..END< DAMAGE< HOLD etc.....you choose damage for instance and it will show you all of the IO sets that can be slotted into the power...then you would hover the cursor over the IO sets listed...find the one that gives the highest bonus for recharge..or recovery..or regeneration..or what ever the goal of the bonus is you are going for....i saw this while at work and would e better if i had waited till igot home and could have pasted some screen shots in here for reference.

So first decide what you want to do..you can also browse paragonwiki..they have categories that list all he powers and the IO sets and bonuses associated with it...so you can compare as you go.  i m sure this made everything clear as mud for you...hope it helped a little bit...
@faero malikite
@reverrend irreverent
I likey da firey!