Author Topic: Aggelakis Thanks for fix  (Read 8801 times)

KAKTOS

• Underling
Aggelakis Thanks for fix
« on: May 27, 2009, 11:46:52 AM »
Thanks for fixing the redirect page for me , Im still having trouble understanding how to use this.

How do I use your talk page?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Aggelakis Thanks for fix
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 06:01:02 PM »
On user talk pages, all you need to do is edit the page to leave a message.

So, to leave Aggelakis a message, you'd go to User Talk:Aggelakis, click the "edit" tab, and place a message on the page.

You'll probably want to create a new heading related to the subject of your message and place the text under there.  For example, in this case you might insert the following at the bottom of the page:

Code: [Select]
== Thanks for the fix ==
Thanks for fixing the redirect page for me , Im still having trouble understanding how to use this. -~~~~

The "~~~~" at the end of the message will substitute your signature (your username by default) when you save your edit.

So, the above example would come out looking something like this:
Thanks for the fix
Thanks for fixing the redirect page for me , Im still having trouble understanding how to use this. -KAKTOS
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 11:15:52 PM »
Eabrace got to it before I could, but you're welcome!

You can edit any page on the wiki simply by selecting the "edit" link on the top bar, though it's advised not to edit someone else's pages (except for talk pages) unless you've got their permission. (Article Guidelines)

For some great editing tips, make sure to visit Wikipedia:How to edit a page. From there, they have all SORTS of fabulous how-tos.

Here's a "cheatsheet" with the most common wikimarkup.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 11:58:52 PM by Aggelakis »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

KAKTOS

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 01:57:30 PM »
Thanks to both of you. :)

KAKTOS

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »
Aggelakis, in my talk page you wroote how to put my images into  [[Category:KAKTOS Images]]  by typing it before I submit I think i did something wrong  ??? can you delete the file and show me how to do it in baby steps since I'm dense.

This is what i ended up with.
http://ouroportal.com/wiki/File:--Category-KAKTOS_Images--_Rigyr2.jpg

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 04:35:28 PM »
From the file name you ended up with, it looks like you put the "[[Category:KAKTOS Images]]" category tag in the Destination Filename field.  Put the category tag in the Summary field instead.  You were pretty close.  :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

KAKTOS

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 04:57:11 PM »
Thanks eabrace!! Also how do you add the menu ?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 12:13:10 AM »
I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "add the menu".
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

KAKTOS

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 12:00:11 PM »
Let me see if I can explain it.

Do you see here http://ouroportal.com/wiki/KAKTOS_(Justice) has a Contents menu but http://ouroportal.com/wiki/Vadim_(Justice) does not.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 12:15:28 PM »
Ah.  I think I get what you're asking now.  You want to force a Table of Contents, yes?

The Table of Contents (TOC) will automatically appear if any article has four or more subsections.  By default, it will float in the top left corner of the article.

You can force a TOC to appear by using this code:
__TOC__
You can also change the positioning of the TOC by placing that code elsewhere in the article.  For example, if you place the code all the way at the bottom of an article, the TOC will appear at the end of the article.

In the event that you have a TOC appearing automatically in an article and want to suppress it, you can do so with this code:
__NOTOC__
It doesn't matter where you place that code in the article.

If you want your TOC to float on the right side instead of the left:
{{TOCright}}
And if your TOC is bumped to the right for some reason (though I can't think of anything at the moment that does that) and you want to force it back to the left:
{{TOCleft}}
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

KAKTOS

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 01:48:27 PM »
Thank you soo much you rock!!