Author Topic: 'Little about me'  (Read 6860 times)

Croesis

• Underling
'Little about me'
« on: June 09, 2009, 12:58:55 PM »
Can I suggest a 'Little about me' section? A small block of which to write something about ourselves if we feel the need (favourite stuff things etc..) just so people have a better insight into the person their networking with.

Entirely voluntary though.

Coronaviridae

• Underling
Re: 'Little about me'
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 02:39:30 AM »
It wouldn't be too difficult, would it? Just add like one more box similar to where you type your hero/villain list?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 03:06:38 AM »
coupled on to my already extensive todo list... faces is in need of an overhaul and I'm compiling a list of easy to add features that will make our users happy. This is going to be added.
~Steinerd

Coronaviridae

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 04:47:31 AM »
You guys need help with anything?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 04:53:15 AM »
Always looking for passionate php developers to help carry the Titan load, lol. If you have any experience in that... might be able about it via PM.
~Steinerd

Coronaviridae

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 04:01:55 PM »
lol my job goes as far as "artist". However, I do have a friend who's really passionate about all kinds of programming. "Make the professor look bad" type passionate. I'll talk to him and see if he'd like to help out.

EDIT: Just asked him, he doesn't know any PHP. But if you need anyone to make you a 3D game...xD

Coronaviridae

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »
Can you send me like...a "job description" that I can forward to a few people I know who might be able to help out?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 04:31:09 PM »
PHP 5+ Development Experience
Familiarity With "CodeIgniter" framework a plus but not required.
Familiarity with SVN ( or something like it) required.
Familiarity with Unix bash command

lol. not much to a standard web-dev.
~Steinerd

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 07:01:15 PM »
Should we mention Springloops knowledge?  Minor, but still something they'd be using right?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 07:16:03 PM »
Should we mention Springloops knowledge?  Minor, but still something they'd be using right?
SpringLoops is SVN ;)  Just a fancy gui ontop of it

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 08:48:01 PM »
RIGHT, keep forgetting that >_<.  My bad.

Coronaviridae

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 09:04:14 PM »
*Huddles in a corner drawing cartoons* Awwh you silly dorks and your big intimidating techno-speak X_x

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 09:18:38 PM »
That's not the half of it... I went to Border's Books recently, and found "A+ Cert Sample Exams" and answered the first section 46/50 correct! lol I guess on 50% of it... didn't know what half the stuff was called... nor did I know that a standard SVGA cable (blue-tipped monitor cable) has 15 pins... I thought it was much larger of a number...

NOR did I know you can reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS back up battery... hell I didn't even know that's what it was called.

Then you get into software where EVERYTHING is an acronym.

XSS - Cross-Site Security
LAMP Stack - A server that is on a Linux distro, uses Apache for it's httpd, MySQL for databases and finally the P standing for pretty much any perl-based OOP language (perl, python, php, etc).
distro - distribution
httpd - Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Daemon (...errr Web Server kernel)
OOP - Object-oriented programming
MVC - Model, View, Controller. A sort of framework that benefits OOP languages for its organization and it's relatively small overhead.

LOL. Oh yea... I have no formal education on this stuff... got bored one summer... then that winter and about 7 years later of boredom... I know what I know now. lol!
~Steinerd

Coronaviridae

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 09:36:26 PM »
That's sounds like me and drawing...you can only go so far with practice though. Some things just come naturally to me. You considered getting a formal education? Might as well go all the way.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 09:45:16 PM »
yea actually. had to wait till I turned 23... NY state independent status. FASFA would have looked at my parents income and I would have at a disadvantage because they won't help me though they have the money to. lol

So now I have to goto a junior college and get my libs done, and possibly do some independent studies and snag some Computer Science credits before transferring to an undergrad school where I can get the full 4 year degree.

Thanks to Obama and other political figures, I'm pretty much going to school for free the first two years, and hoping to land a intern-ship that will help pay for the next 2 years while employed and expanding my experience, with a 10yr payback plan with 1.6% apr on the interest.

I got it all figured out with no means to do it.... I need a job in order to stay on my own, and no one is hiring here. and my "Arts With Honors" regents diploma means nothing out of NY state... I have a few other deciding factors that deter me from leaving Buffalo that gets a little bit into the personal.

But yes, regardless of my ranting... I do eventually plan on getting a degree in this field.. possibly even some certs... like the $167 certification from Zend (the company that developed PHP).
~Steinerd