Author Topic: Update?  (Read 60894 times)

Turbo Starr

• Underling
Re: Update?
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2009, 03:54:26 PM »
Been following this thread for a while now. Do we have a new update?

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2009, 12:45:24 AM »
I think everyone quit waiting and went to go play "Hello Kitty Island Adventure."

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

Lady Arete

• Minion
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
No, no new update yet.
Reasons have been given so wait patiently young padawan.
Our master Steiner will get the update running.  :)

The new update is anyway mostly about the pvp enchantments so the normal mid works perfectly still. (What I've understood atleast)

Keep up the good work Steiner :)

Turbo Starr

• Underling
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2009, 12:22:14 PM »

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2009, 07:06:35 PM »
Sorry for the delay folks... seems it's going to last a little longer. My computer took a sh.... well you get the idea.

So I took the opportunity to upgrade to W7 Ult x64, BUAH HAHAHAHA! it is awesome! I'm in nerd heaven.

Well... the delay is going to be longer due to my needing to update everything and get all my backup stuff of my external HDD and get it running on W7 here. It's going to take a little while, so please bare with me in the event I don't reply as quickly as I used to.
~Steinerd

Turbo Starr

• Underling
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2009, 08:56:40 PM »
Just so you know Steiner...

Every morning, I visit the Steiner shrine I erected since your acquisition  of Mids. Following deep prayer and mediation, I mentally guide you along the process threw codes and jibba jabba. We are one, like a baby calf still attached to its mothers s umbilical cord. I will nourish your mind, let you think clearly, and thus Mids will be complete.

I am with you my friend...I am with you...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:46:09 PM by Turbo Starr »

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2009, 09:05:39 PM »
STALKER!!!!!!
~Steinerd

cybermitheral

• Lieutenant
« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2009, 11:26:40 PM »
Sounds more like a Mind/Psi Dominator or Controller to me...

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2009, 12:44:35 PM »
LOL, whatever you want to call it, it's a little creepy while at the same time being pretty interesting O_o.

Sili

• Underling
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2009, 04:37:15 PM »
What are the odds of getting Mids passed to someone who can actually fix the program rather than talk about fixing it.  Seems St0n3y is on track to doing just that.  Thanks St0n3y for taking the initiative and mad love for not throwing out imaginary deadlines that you can't meet.  This site has about zero credibility left and I'm over the excuses.  Never be to proud to ask for help or admit you can't do something.  Feel free to shred me, I dont care.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2009, 05:10:45 PM »
Coincidentally, we were just talking about this.  Point Blank - Steiner is one man with several projects on his plate.  All stuff that we all started back with the original Admins yet could never get the time to complete, or other reasons.  He was brought on board to help throw this stuff out, and he's made a hell of a lot of progress where we all could not because of RL time constraints.  This is a bunch of Fan Sites run by few individuals that don't have as much free time as we did when this all first started.

Steiner has a lot going on in RL now though, as well as Mids being a very complex Program with all the mathmatics in it and such, it's not as easy to Update as one thinks.  We've brought on others to assist, but again, RL steps in the way it seems.  Those of us here that have time to work on Mids and the other projects, aren't programmers, so they're not able to do any of that anyway.  I can't answer 100% for everyone working here, but these are my views on why this project hasn't been completed yet.

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2009, 05:21:07 PM »
What needs to be done?  I thought most of mids could just be updated by updating the file that acts like a DB that the program reads?
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2009, 06:52:40 PM »
What are the odds of getting Mids passed to someone who can actually fix the program rather than talk about fixing it.  Seems St0n3y is on track to doing just that.  Thanks St0n3y for taking the initiative and mad love for not throwing out imaginary deadlines that you can't meet.  This site has about zero credibility left and I'm over the excuses.  Never be to proud to ask for help or admit you can't do something.  Feel free to shred me, I dont care.
Feel free to say whatever your want about me, but Titan is not at fault, and I'm really getting annoyed with the actions of one person de-facing an entire group.

I'm not going to shred you, because simply put... you're not wrong. But if you have any compassion for what COULD be happening in other people's lives than your own... you might like to retract this statement. I do not divulge my personal life on these forums, and I rarely do to even the closest of friends I have in RL... it's just something I don't do. But if you can close your eyes and imagine the worst possible outcomes to someone's life other than death, you wouldn't be far away from my current situation.

Again, Please... flame me all you want, but don't blame Titan. This site was built on the shoulders of COH players that had a love for the game that they wanted to share with other players... it was probably never in the interest to become this big or have this much responsibility... But we will make it work! I won't let the legacy die.
~Steinerd

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2009, 02:12:30 AM »
I split out the posts regarding St0n3y taking over, and I'm locking this thread so comments go to the appropriate place. Thanks!

New thread!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal