Author Topic: endless updating  (Read 6695 times)

Noobian Prince

• Underling
endless updating
« on: June 11, 2009, 04:40:49 AM »
hey all,

have never posted on this site so I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or what. 

Anyway, I had a bunch of toons registered on CIT, which got lost in the March kerfuffle.  I've been trying to re-input them but it's tedious.  For some reason the "/bindloadfile" only registers some of the badges.  So a toon with 200 badges, after running Glycerine and the bind command will have 65 badges and I have to manually set the remaining ones.  Even running the bind a second time doesn't add the missing badges or possibly a few.  (And no, they don't show up later.  The left badge pane would be completely empty and refreshing the page 10 minutes later doesn't show any increase.)

So, like I said, tedious but workable.  However, yesterday when I tried to start the Glycerine program I got this "mandatory update" notice.  I downloaded the zip and extracted the files but when I start Glycerine, I get the update notice again.  and again. and yet again.

I removed the program and then downloaded the latest version but I still get the update notice whenever I try to start it.  The previous update worked just fine on my XP system, but I can't be the only one having difficulty with this update.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: endless updating
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 04:45:49 AM »
I mistakenly put the wrong file in the script that we check for updates in.  If you download this file and install glyc from it, it should work.

Regarding the binds:  Have you downloaded the latest version of the binds?  There were some issues with an older version, and most people don't think to update them.  You can generate a new set of files here

Noobian Prince

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 05:40:28 AM »

Well, that allowed me to start Glycerine and it seems to be working as before.  Even after downloading the new bind file, I'm still having to manually input badges but at least I _CAN_ now.  (You would think that updating HeroStats would include the bind files but I guess not.)

I _DID_ notice a pattern however.  Usually it's the first badges in a group that register.  So if I have 35 or 40 exploration badges, the first 10 or 15 will show and I'll have to input the remaining ones.

anyway, thanx for the help

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 01:47:25 PM »
Well, that allowed me to start Glycerine and it seems to be working as before.  Even after downloading the new bind file, I'm still having to manually input badges but at least I _CAN_ now.  (You would think that updating HeroStats would include the bind files but I guess not.)

I _DID_ notice a pattern however.  Usually it's the first badges in a group that register.  So if I have 35 or 40 exploration badges, the first 10 or 15 will show and I'll have to input the remaining ones.

anyway, thanx for the help
HeroStats is a completely separate entity from Glycerine and the Titan Network.  Sure, Skip helps us out and allows us to use his engine, but he doesn't need to be burdened with keeping track of the latest settitles (these numbers change any time a badge is added to the system).

How fast are you going through the badges?  The scanner can potentially be overwhelmed and just not pick up things.

You also may try verifying is smaller batches.  Maybe download the individual categories or something, and only run those.  Allow those to send, then try again.  If you don't want to wait the ~ 2 minutes between Glyc updates, you can "Force CIT Offline" from the file menu and this will send the current data to the servers.  Click the link again after your avatar registers you as offline, and you are then ready for another batch of badges.

Just a few suggestions.

Noobian Prince

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 07:07:55 PM »
Usually I wait a couple seconds between hitting the "t" key.  I'll try to leave a longer gap before hitting the key again. 

How do I force it offline?  With the new update, Glycerine runs invisibly.  I see it on the Task Manager but I no longer have a box for it on the taskbar.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 07:25:08 PM »
Usually I wait a couple seconds between hitting the "t" key.  I'll try to leave a longer gap before hitting the key again. 

How do I force it offline?  With the new update, Glycerine runs invisibly.  I see it on the Task Manager but I no longer have a box for it on the taskbar.

The program has an icon in the system tray (the blue and gold bullseye).  Double-click that icon and the main window should open again.

Noobian Prince

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 06:26:24 PM »
The program has an icon in the system tray (the blue and gold bullseye).  Double-click that icon and the main window should open again.

and a very attractive icon it is, too!   8)