Author Topic: Need help with Archery/Gadgets build  (Read 7129 times)

picklezbwhs

• Underling
Need help with Archery/Gadgets build
« on: June 26, 2009, 02:14:58 PM »
READ QUESTION, im confused ???

Catharctic

Re: Need help with Archery/Gadgets build
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 02:22:35 PM »
I can try something, but I don't have a whole lot of experience with either set.

Oh!

I do have a friend with a TA/A Defender and an AR/Traps Corruptor. He might be able to help me put a build together for you. Send me a PM if I haven't posted anything by the weekend.

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 05:11:19 PM »
I have one of these @42 currently. What kind of build were you looking for/did you have any goals or directions you wanted to take with it?

For example, I passed on a travel power with mine, but have crammed pretty much all the runspeed bonuses I could into the build, so with sprint on it's about 13 MPH slower than level 50 flyspeed cap. (58MPH)
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

picklezbwhs

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 03:41:04 PM »
Well i was planning on having two builds, one just for like regular mishes and the other for pvp zones so i wnteed to gt that

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 12:39:27 AM »
Unfortunately I'm no big PvPer; I can give suggestions but I can't promise they'll be of big help. I hear that /Dev is a pretty good secondary to take into the zones right now; I imagine that is because:

Web'nade has a -jump and -fly, Caltrops is autohit with -run, -jump, and Targeting Drone gives +Perception and +To Hit.  You'll probably also want to slot TD with the Rectified Reticle +Perception. (You may even want Tactics; I'm not sure.) I'm not sure how good Gun Drone is; seems at least having a pet that will attack when you aren't would be a good thing. And if you set up a bunch of Trip Mines in a secluded area and someone snuck up on you....  Cloaking Device + a stealth IO would make you real stealthy; Smoke Grenade is not autohit in PvP so I imagine its usefulness is very limited.

Explosive Arrow is going to be one of your biggest hitters because of the KB and the long cast time. If you slotted for range, you could specialize in opening with a Snipe and pelting from a great distance. Web'nade would keep things from jumping or flying to you, and the assorted things you set on the groud perhaps would provide a solid place to fight as well as the nasty Trip Mine surprise.

As for PvE:

There are really no bad powers to take in either set. You can use Stunning Shot and Taser to stun a Boss; personally I skipped Taser and just keep the boss on Caltrops with Web'nade. Stunning Shot is mostly used on Lts or annoying minions. I've found there's a love/hate dichotomy for Time Bomb. It's the last thing you want to set up when laying traps, and requires you to pull if you wish to also have Gun Drone up.

I've found my attack chain is solid without Snap Shot, but it's good to have when you're a lowbie.

Thunderstrike is my choice set for single target ranged damage. I went with 6 on the 3 regular blasts. I used 4 pieces of Kinetic Crash in Explosive arrow for the KB protection, and filled it out with 2 Posi's.  5pc of Posi's isn't bad for Fistful of Arrows, but I went with 5 Detonation. Caltrops got a Posi's chance for energy, Impeded Swiftness chance for smashing, and a Tempered Readiness trimod. I used 5 Oblits in Time Bomb, a mix of Scirocco and Multistrike in Trip Mine, and a mix of Devastation and Entropic Chaos in Gun Drone. Rain of Arrows got a mix of the 3 Targetted AoE sets for max Recharge and Damage, with a bit of End Redux and Accuracy. The rest of my slotting were mostly commons and filler pieces for efficiency and +run speed.
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 06:44:55 AM »

twiztidchild

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 04:56:46 PM »
don't know if you're going to read this since it's been a long time since anyone responded... but here's my build for this toon.  it's built for survival with powers like Hover, Targeting Drone, Cloaking Device, Stunning Shot, Aid Self, some KB IO's and some Shields later.  i don't PVP so this prob isn't good for that... i have been able to solo PVE very well though.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.707
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Blaster
Primary Power Set: Archery
Secondary Power Set: Devices
Power Pool: Fitness
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Medicine
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Aimed Shot -- Acc(A), Dmg(3), Dmg(5), Dmg(9), RechRdx(17), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 1: Web Grenade -- Acc(A), Immob(17), Immob(23), Immob(25)
Level 2: Fistful of Arrows -- Acc(A), Dmg(3), Dmg(5), Dmg(9), Range(15), Range(25)
Level 4: Caltrops -- RechRdx(A)
Level 6: Blazing Arrow -- Acc(A), Dmg(7), Dmg(7), Dmg(13), EndRdx(15), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 8: Swift -- Flight(A)
Level 10: Targeting Drone -- EndRdx(A), ToHit(11), ToHit(11), ToHit(13)
Level 12: Hover -- Krma-ResKB(A)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight(A), Flight-I(46), Flight-I(50)
Level 16: Health -- Heal(A)
Level 18: Ranged Shot -- Acc(A), Dmg(19), Dmg(19), Dmg(21), Range-I(43), Range-I(43)
Level 20: Stamina -- EndMod(A), EndMod(21), EndMod(23)
Level 22: Cloaking Device -- EndRdx(A), Krma-ResKB(42)
Level 24: Aid Other -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Stunning Shot -- Acc(A), Dsrnt(27), Dsrnt(27), Dsrnt(29), RechRdx(37), EndRdx(37)
Level 28: Trip Mine -- Acc(A), Acc(29), Dmg(36), Dmg(36), Dmg(36), RechRdx(37)
Level 30: Aid Self -- Heal(A), Heal(31), Heal(31), IntRdx(31), IntRdx(34), EndRdx-I(42)
Level 32: Rain of Arrows -- Acc(A), Dmg(33), Dmg(33), Dmg(33), RechRdx(34), RechRdx(34)
Level 35: Kick -- KinCrsh-Dmg/KB(A), KinCrsh-Acc/KB(40), KinCrsh-Rchg/KB(40), KinCrsh-Rechg/EndRdx(40)
Level 38: Tough -- EndRdx(A), ResDam(39), ResDam(39), ResDam(39), EndRdx-I(46)
Level 41: Personal Force Field -- DefBuff-I(A)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- EndRdx-I(A), ResDam-I(45), ResDam-I(45), ResDam-I(45), EndRdx-I(46)
Level 47: Force of Nature -- ResDam-I(A), ResDam-I(48), ResDam-I(48), RechRdx-I(48), RechRdx-I(50), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
------------
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 6: Ninja Run
------------
Set Bonus Totals:
  • Knockback (Mag -11)
  • Knockup (Mag -11)
  • 2.5% Resistance(Smashing)