Author Topic: trying to contribute  (Read 6858 times)

ScionOa

• Underling
trying to contribute
« on: July 01, 2009, 03:54:00 AM »
i've got pics of the Piston Boots i can put up there, but i'm not exactly sure of syntax and procedure.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: trying to contribute
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 04:01:40 AM »
If you want to just upload the file and let us take care of it, we'd be happy to help! Otherwise:

1. Upload the file.
1a. On the upload page, put [[Category:Invention Costume Images]] in the text box.
2. Go to the pages you want to display the image and update it in the syntax already there for the placeholder, just replace the file name.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 04:53:39 AM »
Hmm.  There may be an issue with uploading at the moment.  I just tried uploading an image and got an error.

Internal error
From Paragon Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The upload directory (public) is not writable by the webserver.

I wonder if Tony forgot to flip a switch after the MediaWiki update.

Edit: Tried from the O-portal just for fun.  Got the same error.

Edit 2:  The last upload in the log was on June 27, prior to the upgrade.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 05:03:11 AM by eabrace »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 12:24:14 PM »
Sekoia found a user/group permissions issue and fixed it.  Uploading files appears to be working again.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 02:30:39 PM »
If you want to just upload the file and let us take care of it, we'd be happy to help!

Trust me on this.  ;)

Frequently after I put some raw information up or do some editing, Aggelakis is right behind me.  He is often reformatting, tweaking layouts, cropping pics, putting in templates to make things cleaner, and editing the article so it follows the format/guidelines of the rest of the wiki.

The wiki's an awesome community resource and the more CoH community members that help keep it maintained by contributing the odd little correction, addendum, link to guides/posts on the forums or missing pic, the better it gets.  :)

Ever since I9 with the invention system, I've had the wiki in my browser tabs for quick referral while playing.  CoH has gotten so BIG that even though I've been playing since the early beta, I'm still occasionally stumped by questions some player or other will ask me.  Thankfully, I've got the wiki.  :)
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 02:41:18 PM »
Trust me on this.  ;)

Frequently after I put some raw information up or do some editing, Aggelakis is right behind me. 
>.> I'm not addicted, nooooooo. I can quit any time! I can quit right now if I had to!
*jitter scratch scratch twitch*
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

ScionOa

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 09:20:35 AM »
dang it, i swore i had it on notify for this thread.

ok, i uploaded my 3 jpg.  pistonboots1.jpg (2&3).  It looks  a lot darker for some reason.  let me know if i should make more in lighter colors.

Lin Chiao Feng

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 04:59:14 AM »
Frequently after I put some raw information up or do some editing, Aggelakis is right behind me.

Et tu?  He did that to me tonight as well.  It's like being stalked... O_o
A Mad Scientist discovers That Which Man Was Not Meant To Know.
A Mad Engineer creates That Which Man Was Not Meant To Have.
It's a subtle, but important, distinction: pure vs. applied insanity.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 06:58:43 AM »
I think Agg has a little custom HTML file that auto-refreshes the Recent Changes inside an embedded frame every five seconds or so.  :)

(Actually, I did think about doing something like that.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 08:35:25 AM »
Naw, my bookmark for the wiki goes to Special:RecentChanges, and I click it anytime there's a lag in interesting stuff happening on my monitor. :D

Considering I'm picking up WoW again for a short time (minor CoX burnout), there's a lot of that. (Walking, riding, or flying everywhere is so much fun! *cough cough* Sorry, what was I saying? Got some sarcasm stuck in the throat.)

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 11:31:44 AM »
Agge rocks.  It's why I started the Aggelakis fan club.

Lin Chiao Feng

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 09:32:46 PM »
Naw, my bookmark for the wiki goes to Special:RecentChanges, and I click it anytime there's a lag in interesting stuff happening on my monitor. :D

Nine out of ten detectives agree: you're hitting it harder than a troll hits the Superadine.

Considering I'm picking up WoW again for a short time (minor CoX burnout), there's a lot of that. (Walking, riding, or flying everywhere is so much fun! *cough cough* Sorry, what was I saying? Got some sarcasm stuck in the throat.)

Curing burnout by setting oneself on fire... Yeah, let us know how that works out for you. ^_-
A Mad Scientist discovers That Which Man Was Not Meant To Know.
A Mad Engineer creates That Which Man Was Not Meant To Have.
It's a subtle, but important, distinction: pure vs. applied insanity.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 04:37:25 AM »
I like WoW in small doses, my City burnouts generally only last a month or two. :)

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
    • COH Anonymous SG/ Black Sheep VG
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 03:45:06 AM »
Hi, thanks for the welcome Aggelakis. I didn't know how to reply back yet through the wiki userboxes thingy. :P

After reading this section of the forum and seeing that there was just a little bit of info on the Barracuda SF page, I added what I could. I know there was already a picture of Barracuda there but I thought it would be nice to add the actual screenie of her there. I went by the picture and could not find her. I saw the coordinates but, honestly, I'm not good with numbers. :P

And I've never used the /loc command, so I was still lost when trying to find her. :(
I asked in broadcast and the Protector Watch channel if anyone could tell me where exactly she was but all I got was "cricket" noises.  :-\

I ramble. Thanks again! I have a few projects on my plate and a 2-2.5 month vacation, so not sure how much I will be able to contribute. Hopefully, I didn't break anything. :P

Thanks again for the welcome and the useful wiki-know-how links!
-T
(aka Ani)