Author Topic: o.o I seem to be missing something.. like all my characters...  (Read 8841 times)

Sleepykitty

• The Napping Cat
  • Elite Boss
@.@ updated my HeroStats and added all the new badges I've gotten in the last couple issues.. When I went to check CIT to make sure I didn't miss verifying anything, I discovered that all the characters on my account had been wiped and the only badges I have listed are the 33 I just added.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I am Sleepy! Hear me Yawn!

o.o reachable at: My Paragonwiki Page

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: o.o I seem to be missing something.. like all my characters...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 03:47:38 AM »
... Sorry for the crappy "Welcome Back" present.

A few months back I was working on a script and managed to completely screw up the character database. Backups were being done on a local-machine that crapped out a week or two before my epic fail so there was no restoring the data.

Details here: http://cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,2153.0.html

I have still yet to live this down and for as many people that have forgiven me, I'm thinking equal (or more) have not, but I have however made sure this never happens again with the initiation of developer databases to test scripts on and nightly backups to my machine which rivals small business servers, lol. Plus there is some goings-on in the background of Titan that will ensure another step of safety, but I can't divulge until it's happened.

Again, please take my most sincere apology for this epic failure on my part.
~Steinerd

Sleepykitty

• The Napping Cat
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:57:25 AM »
@.@ no worries, this is the third time my chars have been eaten here.

>.> I needed to update all of them anyway.

o,o but! if you want to make up for it, you can always add souv tracking to char pages!

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 02:58:43 PM »
lol,

I'll see if Glycerine is capable, but I'm thinking it won't be as easy as we both hope.
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 03:59:53 PM »
I think Sleepy would be happy even if it was only a set of check boxes like we can use to select Pools on our Edit Character pages.

('Course, I'm not Sleepy, so that's just speculation.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 04:20:37 PM »
:(

Sucks... but Nicster is right, no way to automate it... and I don't think the souvenirs are available in list format anywhere to make it easy... lol. Not to mention you can get souvies from AE missions too and those will be impossible to track in any script....

Sorry Meowzers, no dice. I'll look into what CAN be done and let you know what I find... but I wouldn't hold your breath.
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 04:53:39 PM »
I think Sleepy would be happy even if it was only a set of check boxes like we can use to select Pools on our Edit Character pages.

('Course, I'm not Sleepy, so that's just speculation.)
Which is what SK said in the first link I posted

:(

Sucks... but Nicster is right, no way to automate it... and I don't think the souvenirs are available in list format anywhere to make it easy... lol. Not to mention you can get souvies from AE missions too and those will be impossible to track in any script....

Sorry Meowzers, no dice. I'll look into what CAN be done and let you know what I find... but I wouldn't hold your breath.
In-game Souvenirs (the only ones we would track) are available at RedTomax and in the Wiki.  Like SK mentioned

SK: Realistically, this comes down to how many people will use this versus how much time it would take to develop this.  If we're going to put something like this into CIT or into its own Titan Site (just speculation), I'd want to do it right.  Fully dynamic, database driven system.  Front-end pages tied to specific characters and back-end pages to allow the moderators and members to maintain them.  It's a neat idea, granted.  It is just a seemingly big item piece of functionality that I don't know how widely it would be used.

Sleepykitty

• The Napping Cat
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 12:34:10 AM »
o,o was just mentioning it since to me those forum links and the pages they go to are gone/inaccessible and since the original only got a brief look at (the last time I posted the suggestion, that whole section disappeared to me) and as far as I know no one looked at the second before the boards changed...

>.> seemed like I might as well take a shot at it.

^^;; its just a feature I've always wanted to save time trying to figure out what to flashback for...

<.< call me a crazy completionish or magpie or something.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 03:06:15 AM »
o,o was just mentioning it since to me those forum links and the pages they go to are gone/inaccessible and since the original only got a brief look at (the last time I posted the suggestion, that whole section disappeared to me) and as far as I know no one looked at the second before the boards changed...
That should be fixed now.  The boards have wacky membergroup rules, and the new "Paragon Wiki Administrators" that Tony created didn't have you guys as being able to view 75% of the boards.