Author Topic: Hey Guys. Thought I'd introduce myself.  (Read 4826 times)

CalebTheTimeTraveler

• Underling
  • The Doctor of Nightmares is in. Wait here.
    • LancasterMedium
Hey Guys. Thought I'd introduce myself.
« on: July 13, 2009, 09:57:07 PM »
I'm Caleb "The Time Traveler" Lancaster. Obviously when I found out my Favorite Video Game had Time Travel I flipped, and when I found this place well, I attempted the flip, but my Back isn't quite what you call: Good.
None the Less, I thought I'd say hey and kinda get everyone a chance to meet the a fellow Time Traveler.

I do have one question though: I want to make a page on the wiki about my Character, yet I seem to be at a loss finding out how.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Hey Guys. Thought I'd introduce myself.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:53:18 PM »
Hello, Caleb.  Welcome to the Ouroborus Portal.

Creating a page on the O-zone portal is actually pretty easy.  First, log in using your Titan key (only registered and logged in users are able to edit the O-zone or Paragon Wiki).

Then in the search bar on the left of the screen, type in the name of the article you want to create.  For example, if you're creating an article for a character named Caleb the Time Traveler who resides on (as an example) Triumph, you'd want to search for "Caleb the Time Traveler (Triumph)".  (The server name is part of the naming convention we've chosen to use as a standard, since it's entirely possible that someone on one server might have the same character name as someone on another server.)

Since you haven't created your article yet, you'll get a message stating that the page was not found and a link allowing you to create the new page.

There is no page titled "Caleb the Time Traveler (Triumph)". You can create this page.

Clicking on that link will open the editor where you can enter in your character's information.  When you finish and hit "Save Page", the article will automatically be created for you.

That's the semi-short answer.  There are more things you'll probably pick up on as you go (uploading images, adding categories to articles and images to keep them sorted, etc.), but that'll get you started.  In the meantime, feel free to drop a message here in the forums or on any Administrator's user talk page if you have any questions.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

CalebTheTimeTraveler

• Underling
    • LancasterMedium
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 06:56:34 AM »
Thank you eabrace. That was very helpful.

I was able to make a Page for my Main Char.
http://ouroportal.com/wiki/The_Golden_Speedster(Infinity)
It's sorta a Work in Progress right now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:32:54 PM by CalebTheTimeTraveler »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 05:12:03 PM »
Hiya! Welcome aboard :)

I tweaked your character page a bit: It was missing a space - it's now located at
http://ouroportal.com/wiki/The_Golden_Speedster_(Infinity)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

CalebTheTimeTraveler

• Underling
    • LancasterMedium
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 05:17:18 PM »
Oh thanks. I didn't know if I needed the space or not.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 04:01:35 AM »
Cool page!  That's exactly the kind of thing I had in mind for the Ouroboros Portal!

/goes off to finish reading...

CalebTheTimeTraveler

• Underling
    • LancasterMedium
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 10:22:32 AM »
Well I plan to put up alot more, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. If you look at the bottom of the page, you'll see that I'm making a Comic for him to log his adventures.