Author Topic: Hacking in Powerset Proliferation  (Read 5383 times)

CmdrAdeon

• Minion
Hacking in Powerset Proliferation
« on: August 11, 2009, 02:34:00 AM »
Is there a way that I can get Mid's to allow me to use powerset combinations that will be part of the I16 Powerset Proliferation? It looks like I should be able to do it using the data base editor but I cannot seem to figure out how to make it copy a powerset from one class to another.

I'm not really concerned about the various values being correct, I mostly just want to muck about with a power selection and slotting scheme.

Thanks
Adeon
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 02:44:13 AM by CmdrAdeon »

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
Re: Hacking in Powerset Proliferation
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 02:36:58 AM »
i second this. im pretty bored and cant play coh atm and wanted to see what i could get goin on a electric armour tank.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 02:48:22 AM »
Crap... not off the top my head no. There used to be a COH enthusiast named "Dathus Bel-Air" aka Lord Of Time that use to do this sort of thing. but RL found its way into his play time as well.

I look into it and reply with my findings.

~Steinerd

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 03:48:22 AM »
Tried playing around with it a bit and sorta made some progress, but the editor keeps telling me that Tanker_Defense.Electric_Armor is an invalid name.

If I could get that part right, it should just be a matter of going over to the Brute set, opening each of the powers, and clicking the "Copy" button.  You should then be able to go back to the Tanker set, click the "Add" button on the far right, and click the "Paste" button in the power editor.

I don't play around too much with the editor, so I'm not sure what I'm missing in the first part.  But, even with an invalid name, I was still able to add a power to the set.  It just doesn't work out right when you try to use the builder if you save with that set in there.  (The other sets don't quite line up right with the set name for Electric Armor blanked in the set editor.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 02:47:33 PM »
Tried playing around with it a bit and sorta made some progress, but the editor keeps telling me that Tanker_Defense.Electric_Armor is an invalid name.

I can set my cell phone display to read any 12 letters I want.  It will be splashed across the screen and will be the first thing someone sees when they pick up the phone.  Mine reads "No Service".  more than half the people that see this really thing I have no service.  Despite this, the phone still works.

Rambling, pointless story, or Mid's error message parallel?

Try pretending the name is valid and continue on.  See if it shows up on the list of powersets.

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 03:30:52 PM »
Even if it shows the name as invalid it will still work. 

I have been working on my own i16 update for Mids and have most the sets ported over.  All I have left to do is Electric Armor for tanks and scrappers.

There are a few powers I still have to fix as they summon entities that deal their damage.  I know the numbers aren't going to be right for say Lightning Rod for scrappers compared to Lightning Rod for brutes.  Just have to wait until open beta to get all the numbers then figure out how to make new entities usable for the summons.  :)

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 10:16:04 PM »
is there anyway you could share your progress st0n3y or would we just have to each do this on our own?

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 10:55:49 PM »
I plan on sharing it when I have everything done that I can get done.  Right now any power that does a summons to deal it's damage (ie: Lightning Rod, Rain of Arrows, Most of Traps for Fenders) will not be accurate because I do not have the access to add new usable powers to the entities portion of Mid's.

I want to try and get all the Dominator numbers fixed so they are displaying right also.  I already have Domination fixed so it does not apply a damage bonus like it used to.

Also, I am using the unofficial version that Dr. Kid posted here that has the PvP IO sets, so once I do get done, my version should be the most up-to-date version available.  I am about 95% done, so it shouldn't take me very much longer.

I will have it posted soon as I have it done

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 12:37:03 AM »
Also, if anyone has some something they would like added as a QoL, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Example:  EEEKK asked me to add what powers MM pets get to start with, and what powers they recieve with the each upgrade.  I added this info to the Long info of the specified power.

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 12:50:14 AM »
sounds good! im sure anyone else that might want this build a bit early will be much appreciative.

CmdrAdeon

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 12:52:08 AM »
Actually after I posted this I found out that someone had posted a guide on the forums covering how to do it:
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=143403