Author Topic: Is the CIT ready for I16?  (Read 5629 times)

Doc Scorpion

• Underling
Is the CIT ready for I16?
« on: September 04, 2009, 04:48:09 PM »
One thing I16 does is 'award' a bunch of badges to many toons, especially older ones...  (Because of the reduced badge requirement changes.)

Is the CIT ready for the firehose?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: Is the CIT ready for I16?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 12:55:40 AM »
CIT should be ready.  However, HeroStats may or may not break between now and launch

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 03:30:10 AM »
The current unstable version works on Test. SN is right, though, you never know if another patch will break it. I'm currently traveling for work and won't have the ability to make much in the way of fixes until the end of Sept. So if we get lucky, it'll work - if we don't, we may have a couple of weeks without HeroStats until I can get things back in order.
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer
Proud Member of Legion of Valor and Fallen Legion

Justice Blues

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 03:52:14 PM »
It looks like Unstable HeroStats is recording most data okay, although not all of the new powersets. But it is not reporting to CIT. :(

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 04:21:23 PM »
It looks like Unstable HeroStats is recording most data okay, although not all of the new powersets. But it is not reporting to CIT. :(

It should be.  You will need to go into the Settings for the Unstable version of HeroStats and set it up with your titan key and password.  The Stable and unstable versions have separate preference files

Justice Blues

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 03:58:47 AM »
And it already is set up. But it is not getting the information here.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 07:27:55 AM »
And it already is set up. But it is not getting the information here.
I just used HS Unstable to report two badges to CIT with no issue.

Can you follow the instructions in this thread and post the results here?

Elemento

• Underling
  • Renaissance Man
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 07:49:42 AM »
Well I noticed CIT has gone back to incorrect totals on badges for my toons which may be indirectly connected to problems with HeroStats.

I use the stable current version of HeroStats and found this out.
Now HeroStats doesn't even list the badges your toon earns unlike previous versions.
I get no badge listing just the other statistics.

So I figure HeroStats not only wasn't ready for the firehose I-16, but it doesn't explain why they removed listing badges earned by a toon from their stats.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:07:58 AM by Elemento »

Justice Blues

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 02:52:25 PM »
Code: [Select]
2009-09-20 10:37:53,640 [8] DEBUG HeroStats.StatsEngine.Singletons - Set log scan option to False
2009-09-20 10:37:53,812 [3] INFO  WebIntegration.TitanUpdateWebRequest - Starting Execute for request: TitanUpdateWebRequest performing action Logout for hero: Business Beast
2009-09-20 10:37:54,015 [3] ERROR WebIntegration.TitanUpdateWebRequest - Login to the Titan Network sites failed for user Justice Blues! Please check the username and password in the Global Options.
2009-09-20 10:37:54,015 [3] INFO  WebIntegration.TitanUpdateWebRequest - Done with Execute.

Well that is easy enough to read, even for a non-programmer. Which is strange, since my login name and password are correct, I checked them against my Titan info. It was the first thing I thought of and checked before I posted here. ??? I will re-enter both and try again tonight. I have to get ready to go somewhere right now.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 05:04:49 PM »
Well I noticed CIT has gone back to incorrect totals on badges for my toons which may be indirectly connected to problems with HeroStats.

I use the stable current version of HeroStats and found this out.
Now HeroStats doesn't even list the badges your toon earns unlike previous versions.
I get no badge listing just the other statistics.

So I figure HeroStats not only wasn't ready for the firehose I-16, but it doesn't explain why they removed listing badges earned by a toon from their stats.
The 'stable' version of HeroStats is not Issue 16 compliant (per their home page).  You need to run the 'unstable' version (found here to run updates.  Badge listing and such are still shown.  Skip/ineffablebob (maintainer of HeroStats) has been out of country and hasn't had the time to update the stable version.

As a note, Glycerine is actually using the Unstable version of the HeroStats engine, which is why it can fully detect characters.

Justice Blues

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 11:37:43 PM »
Just wanted to let you know. I re-entered my account name and password and it started sending the information. Don't know why it didn't work the first time, unless something got corrupted in the file after I entered it.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 11:45:26 PM »
Just wanted to let you know. I re-entered my account name and password and it started sending the information. Don't know why it didn't work the first time, unless something got corrupted in the file after I entered it.
*shrugs* Stuff happens.

To help possibly prevent future frustrations, I've talked with Skip/ineffablebob about putting a "credentials check" type button on that screen.  He's still busy, though, so it might be after the official Issue 16 release.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 02:26:31 PM »
It looks like Unstable HeroStats is recording most data okay, although not all of the new powersets.

Skip put out a new version of the HeroStats unstable version with updates for a lot of the powersets.  He also was able to add buttons to test the login information.