Author Topic: Power descriptions/IO selections  (Read 2918 times)

Void Huntress

• Minion
Power descriptions/IO selections
« on: September 26, 2009, 01:41:01 AM »
It'd be nice if instead of only the icons, we also could have word descriptions for what kinds of enhancements can be placed in powers, at least for the sets. Having 20 icons doesn't tell me that, for instance, a power can take Ranged Damage sets and To-Hit Debuff Sets.

It'd really help me, because those icons are not exactly memorable to me. :)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Power descriptions/IO selections
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 06:00:31 AM »
Hover over the enhancement, a tooltip-thingy will pop up with what the enhancement is.

Granted, on the sets page, it's just one giant list of sets, instead of separating out by type...and they don't indicate what type they are, but all of the backgrounds are different colors...and match their typical background for SOs/generic IOs. (red is damage, dark blue is end mod, etc)

SuckerPunch will be incommunicado for the weekend, as he's going out of town.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Void Huntress

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 07:52:31 AM »
Yeah, I know about the hover-text, but that isn't 'instant', and I have trouble remembering what kind of set some of them are, even with the names... and I can't remember by the colors.

Heck, I can't tell what the -generic- enhancements are by color, most of the time. About all I can ever keep straight is Damage Is Red. :)

I know some people don't have this trouble, but it'd -really- help me out, and I can't possibly be the only one. :)

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 11:22:27 AM »
No, I completely agree with you. Right now the features are "functional" but not optimal. I'm definitely exploring ways to make all the stuff with Enhancements much more intuitive.  I'll see what I can do to add options to display more information. I hadn't really thought about adding text specifically, but you raise very good points!

Void Huntress

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 09:01:36 AM »
Were it my project, I'd leave the default more or less as-is, with some options in Settings for default, separating sets by type, or replacing all enhancement icons with the names in brackets.

You know.

[Kinetic Crush]

That sort of thing.