Author Topic: Something Awry With Saved Builds  (Read 9346 times)

Void Huntress

• Minion
Something Awry With Saved Builds
« on: September 26, 2009, 07:43:14 AM »
Save/load builds seems, ah.. prone to breakage. :D

http://planner.cohtitan.com/view/119

This is very much not what it looked like when I saved it. Attempting to edit it from the saved build also yields that sort of weirdness.

It didn't happen immediately; I did save a couple of versions with just power selections first, and those were fine. It wasn't until after I laid out some power slots that it went Rather Wrong.

Sailboat

• Boss
Re: Something Awry With Saved Builds
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 11:30:21 PM »
I've been having trouble with saved builds that I load and edit then try to save over the original build.  My original build had no "build name", but saving with no selected build name doesn't work, and when I select the blank line from the pulldown menu (which I assume represents my no-name build) it lets me save over the build and says "saved successfully," but the saved build appears to be the original build and the eidts are lost completely.

I may be doing it wrong, as the whol "build name" function feels funny to me, and I may not be using it right.  Still something should be saving somewhere, right?

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 01:25:05 AM »
I can make new plans (completely different character names) and save them, and I get the msg "if not hidden, you can share this build with the following link", BUT the new character does not show up in my list of characters "My Account."

Is this a known bug?

Iron Yeti

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 01:02:12 PM »
I get the same bug -- both cases, where builds load wrong, and save wrong.

I especially get weird loads if I ever removed slots while making a build.  If I place all the slots and fill them, no problem.  But if I change my mind along the way, remove some, and put them elsewhere, then both copies of the slots show up when I load the build (sometimes giving powers multiple rows of slots, as they go over 6 total).

Currently, none of my newly saved builds show up in My Account, as if the page simply got frozen one day.  My public profile, however, does show new characters.  It does not reflect any updates to those characters; the first build I save is it forever.

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 12:17:17 AM »
Iron Yeti's description matches my experience.  To date I get the same results in the following browsers:

Netscape (whatever the last version was when they stopped supporting it)

Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3

Internet Explorer 8.0.6110.18702

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
I don't want you guys to think I've disappeared. I've been a bit busy on top of fighting off a nasty cold. I'll look at what's going on ASAP.

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 03:59:32 PM »
Thanks, man.  We really do appreciate your efforts on our behalf.  The planner makes the game experience even better.  Get well!

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »
Sorry to pester, but I still can't save any builds I create and have them show in my "My Account" list.  I'm hoping for a fix. 

werewriter

• Minion
    • Beware of Fanboy
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »
A build I saved yesterday is not appearing in my Account.
[/url]