Author Topic: Thank You + Bug Reports  (Read 3405 times)

Liliaceae

• Underling
Thank You + Bug Reports
« on: October 22, 2009, 10:14:57 PM »
Thanks heaps for this tool Sucker Punch.  I really dislike having to install Windoze binaries, so this is perfect, and I love the sharing options, they're very easy to use.  What are your feelings about source availability?  I am a software developer, so I am quite capable of identifying and fixing my own bugs, if I find the time.

Now, I've got several bug reports to submit also.  I'm happy to provide you any more information you might need to resolve this.

1] My account page, my public profile and what I do are all out of sync.

Here's my public profile page, which contains 5 builds (Iron Chef Rogue Isles (155), Cortey Star (169), Final Rico / DUNCE blast (246), Rico / AoE (243), Final Rico / DUNCE build (247)):

http://planner.cohtitan.com/profile/8439

When I'm logged in, on my account page I see only 4 builds (Iron Chef Rogue Isles (155), Cortey Star (169), Rico (242), Rico / AoE (243)).  You can see some of these builds are missing from the public profile, and some of those in the public profile are missing from here.

Additionally, when I create new builds they are not appearing on either page.  I just created Winter Approaches (304) who is not on either page.

2] The 60 month vet reward allows the selection of travel powers from level 6, but your planner does not permit them before level 14.

3] I'm unable to put any enhancements into Sprint, when I click on it, nothing happens.

4] Details of chosen IOs are lost when a build is saved.  Consider build 250 (Rico4) which is slotted with many IOs.  However, when mousing over them, it just says "io_set" instead of saying the name of the slotted IO.  This also means that uniqueness rules are not being enforced.

5] Page layout for power selections is wrong for SoA when choosing to edit a build being viewed.  Click "edit" for build 250 above and you'll see the layout for power selections on the left is wrong, the pool powers need to be moved down more.

Thanks again, I'm still enjoying the tool despite these problems.

Liliaceae

• Underling
Re: Thank You + Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 10:18:02 PM »
Another suggestion too, it would be great to have a "New Build" button at the top of every page.  Often I want to jump straight from the "My Account" page or a view page to starting a new build.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 01:24:21 AM »
I'll address your other points in a while, but this one:

Another suggestion too, it would be great to have a "New Build" button at the top of every page.  Often I want to jump straight from the "My Account" page or a view page to starting a new build.

You can click the logo at any point to get back to the Planner page.

Liliaceae

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 04:35:41 AM »
You can click the logo at any point to get back to the Planner page.
So you can.  Brilliant!

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 05:48:21 AM »
Web Surfin' 101: Site logo usually links back to site index! :D lol
~Steinerd

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 12:45:55 PM »
Web Surfin' 101: Site logo usually links back to site index! :D lol

To be fair that's not necessarily intuitive.

Most people get to the "new" planner by visiting www.cohplanner.com, and then clicking the link to get to the new one, which technically resides on a different domain.

Clicking the logo could (and possibly should) result in taking you back to the www.cohplanner.com home page, not to the new build creator.