Author Topic: New Look for CIT  (Read 28518 times)

Sir Giles

• Lieutenant
New Look for CIT
« on: October 24, 2009, 01:03:45 AM »
I really enjoy the new look and layout of my characters on CIT.  Love the stats page, because I enjoy numbers so much.  It really gives me an idea of where my trends lay.  All in all, it's just awesome and looks great.

Sir Giles

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: New Look for CIT
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 01:28:53 AM »
Oh, wow.  That's new today, isn't it?  Didn't look like that when I checked up on a character this morning.

Nice.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 02:02:13 AM »
Found two issues.

On the Manage Badges page, the dropdown list to switch between badge pages doesn't actually seem to switch pages.  (Firefox)  Can still switch between pages by guessing at the name of each page and keying it manually into the address bar.

Also on the Manage Badge pages, the "verified" and "unverified" icons don't appear to be showing up under Status next to the Obtained badges.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Prototype

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 10:21:27 AM »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »
Level % appears not to be grabbing from the database (yet).  This seems to be true for all lists as far as I can tell.

(Just to make sure we're on the same page here, I suspect changes to fix these are probably already planned or in-work, but I'm just listing what I see as I go so that we have the beginnings of a known issues list.)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Forsaken Empire

• Underling
a few thing on the new site
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 02:26:32 PM »
i can't seem to move to other badges when a select a Characters though management badges, the jump to section seem broken.

and also when i check for my toon if they have this badge and it list all the toon but he if have this badge picture is broken it don't show if they do or do not have badge appering :(
No I won't go to hell I've got a restraining order

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 03:17:23 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the new layout.  It's been a long time coming (I had actually started working on this layout last December before my hiatus this year  :o )

I'll look at the bugs and try to get them squashed ASAP.

Also stay tuned!  We've added some new features in like the Character Leaderboards and Stats pages, but we also have way more being worked on!

elizibar

• Underling
Re: a few thing on the new site
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 09:48:21 PM »
I can confirm the first thing too.

Also I tried to upload a portrait for one of my characters but it went to a page that didn't exist after I clicked the button to do the upload.

Edit:  I just noticed that sorting by the "Last Seen" column sorts "Today" and "Yesterday" with the same priority.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 10:30:43 PM by elizibar »

Drakmarth

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 10:21:29 PM »
Like the layout too. And I know it isn't a bug thread but I've noticed somethings too.

+ Uploading photo, click the upload button and I'm taken to a 'Oops! This page doesn't exist!' marker.

+ The sort on the Manage Character list does not save - as in there is no save button now, not sure if it was supposed to be automatic now, but I liked that feature for quickly running through folks.

Vanum

• Underling
    • Elementends
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 08:18:35 PM »
+ Uploading photo, click the upload button and I'm taken to a 'Oops! This page doesn't exist!' marker.

Just ran into that myself since I created a new toon. FYI, like the 404 background image.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 04:18:53 PM »
Consolidating the list as I understand it so far.

• Manage Badges dropdown does not switch between pages correctly. Fixed 10/26.
  • Verified and Unverified icons not appearing under Status next to Obtained badges on Manage Badges page.
  • Missing "Save" for custom sorting on My Characters text list.
  • Ability to drag characters to sort in My Characters text list not present in new format.
  • "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters text list.
  • "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters full list.
  • Sorting by "Last Seen" in My Characters (all lists?) treats "Today" and "Yesterday" values equally.
  • Uploading custom images takes user to a non-existent page.  ("Oops! This page doesn't exist!")

Did I miss anything?

I added the "Ability to drag characters to sort in My Characters text list not present in new format." in the list above.  As I recall we were able to do that in the previous version.  (Unless I'm really confused about how I managed to get my list in the order I have it currently displaying.)

Edit:  Heh.  "Mange Badges" :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 06:39:55 PM by SuckerPunch »
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 04:27:18 PM »
Consolidating the list as I understand it so far.

• Verified and Unverified icons not appearing under Status next to Obtained badges on Mange Badges page.
  • Ability to drag characters to sort in My Characters text list not present in new format.
  • Sorting by "Last Seen" in My Characters (all lists?) treats "Today" and "Yesterday" values equally.
  • Uploading custom images takes user to a non-existent page.  ("Oops! This page doesn't exist!")

Did I miss anything?

I added the "Ability to drag characters to sort in My Characters text list not present in new format." in the list above.  As I recall we were able to do that in the previous version.  (Unless I'm really confused about how I managed to get my list in the order I have it currently displaying.)

Nice, thanks for the list!  And you aren't crazy (well not in this regard).  Click+Drag sorting did in fact exist.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 05:22:36 PM »
I know it wasn't on the list, but it was bothering me so I fixed it.  The "Characters Online" page now works :P 

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 06:39:42 PM »
Oh yeah.  Hadn't noticed that.

I did notice that the main page for CIT looks a little... odd today.

Updating the list:

• "Characters Online" list not working correctly. Fixed 10/26.
  • CIT splash page header area formatting broken. Non-problem or fixed 10/26
  • Verified and Unverified icons not appearing under Status next to Obtained badges on Manage Badges page.

Edit:  Either you were sitting on the trigger waiting to fix that while I was typing the post, I had a network hiccup, or internet gremlins intervened, but the splash page is looking better now.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 06:45:22 PM »
That looks like a bad CSS file was cached.  I just told the server to force a new file download, but you could also clear your cache (or hit Shift+Refresh / Ctrl+Refresh depending on browser) to force it.

Just pushed fixes for these:

* Verified and Unverified icons not appearing under Status next to Obtained badges on Manage Badges page.
* "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters text list.
* "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters full list.

Prototype

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »
hmm cant find the switch to flip in Explorer 8 to make the dropdown list work   :gonk:  :gonk:  :gonk:

Only works when i go in from the Edit Character page  ???

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 07:14:37 PM »
I checked the badge management page on one of my characters in IE7.  Although the dropdown works OK in Firefox, it appears not to work in IE7.  That would seem to support your IE8 issue, Prototype.

I noticed that the level percentages are now displaying for most (30/31) of my characters.  One is still displaying n/a on both the full list and text list.  Waiting to see if that clears up in the next couple of hours or something.  Character ID is #444 if you need to look to see if there's something about the character's data that's odd.

Updating the list:

• "Characters Online" list not working correctly. Fixed 10/26.
  • Verified and Unverified icons not appearing under Status next to Obtained badges on Manage Badges page. Fixed 10/26.
  • CIT splash page header area formatting broken. Non-problem or fixed 10/26
  • "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters text list.  Fix deployed 10/26 - awaiting verification.
  • "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters full list.  Fix deployed 10/26 - awaiting verification.
  • Manage Badges dropdown does not switch between pages correctly.  Issue in-work.

Edit:  Oops.  The manage badges dropdown in Firefox now takes me to an "undefined" page.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 07:19:33 PM »
I noticed that the level percentages are now displaying for most (30/31) of my characters.  One is still displaying n/a on both the full list and text list.  Waiting to see if that clears up in the next couple of hours or something.  Character ID is #444 if you need to look to see if there's something about the character's data that's odd.

If that character has a percentage value <= 0 then it will display n/a.  I would log into that character with Glyc/HS running to make sure the site has valid data for your experience.  That's the only reason I could think it's not correct for just that one character.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 07:20:28 PM »
If that character has a percentage value <= 0 then it will display n/a.  I would log into that character with Glyc/HS running to make sure the site has valid data for your experience.  That's the only reason I could think it's not correct for just that one character.
I'll be sure to log that one in when I get home and check on that.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 07:20:31 PM »
Edit:  Oops.  The manage badges dropdown in Firefox now takes me to an "undefined" page.

Only as of the last few minutes. Trying to track down the IE issue and my dev environment is giving me fits in IE for some reason.