Author Topic: New Look for CIT  (Read 28530 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: New Look for CIT
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 07:21:12 PM »
Only as of the last few minutes. Trying to track down the IE issue and my dev environment is giving me fits in IE for some reason.
Thought that might be the case, but figured I'd make a note of it just in case it wasn't.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 07:33:24 PM »
Updating the list:

• "Characters Online" list not working correctly. Fixed 10/26.
  • Verified and Unverified icons not appearing under Status next to Obtained badges on Manage Badges page. Fixed 10/26.
  • CIT splash page header area formatting broken. Non-problem or fixed 10/26
  • Manage Badges dropdown does not switch between pages correctly.  Fixed 10/26.
  • "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters text list.  Fix deployed 10/26 - pending verification.
  • "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters full list.  Fix deployed 10/26 - pending verification.
  • Missing "Save" for custom sorting on My Characters text list.
  • Ability to drag characters to sort in My Characters text list not present in new format.
  • Sorting by "Last Seen" in My Characters (all lists?) treats "Today" and "Yesterday" values equally.
  • Uploading custom images takes user to a non-existent page.  ("Oops! This page doesn't exist!")

Edit:  Updated per SP's following post.  I checked it in IE7 and Firefox myself.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 07:40:11 PM by eabrace »
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 07:36:03 PM »
Should be working in IE8 now (and presumably IE7, didn't test that).

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 07:39:21 PM »
Should be working in IE8 now (and presumably IE7, didn't test that).

Works for me on all pages it exists....but I can't logout in IE7.  Takes me back to the CIT homepage instead.  Link is correctly labeled and URL appears as http://cit.cohtitan.com/logout, but sends me home instead.  FF and IE8 work fine for Logouts.

Prototype

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 07:44:19 PM »
Yeah!!!! IT WORKS NOW  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D.......ok might have overdone it abit  :roll: btw Great work at you end of the line SP..

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 07:53:07 PM »
I can't logout in IE7.  Takes me back to the CIT homepage instead.  Link is correctly labeled and URL appears as http://cit.cohtitan.com/logout, but sends me home instead.  FF and IE8 work fine for Logouts.

I can confirm that as being an issue in IE7.  I also noticed in the process that the layering on the dropdowns in the main page header works differently in IE7 than in Firefox.  The layering in IE7 makes selecting from those menus a bit difficult.

Updating the list:

• Verified and Unverified icons not appearing under Status next to Obtained badges on Manage Badges page. Fixed 10/26.
  • CIT main page header area formatting broken. Non-problem or fixed 10/26
  • "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters text list.  Fix deployed 10/26 - pending verification.
  • "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters full list.  Fix deployed 10/26 - pending verification.
  • Ability to drag characters to sort in My Characters text list not present in new format.
  • Sorting by "Last Seen" in My Characters (all lists?) treats "Today" and "Yesterday" values equally.
  • Uploading custom images takes user to a non-existent page.  ("Oops! This page doesn't exist!")
  • Log Out links in IE7 send users back to main page but do not actually log users out.   IE7 specific.
  • Layering of menus in main page header in IE7 make navigation difficult.  IE7 specific.

Edit:  I really should stop calling it a splash page since it's not just a single image...
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »
I can confirm that as being an issue in IE7.  I also noticed in the process that the layering on the dropdowns in the main page header works differently in IE7 than in Firefox.  The layering in IE7 makes selecting from those menus a bit difficult.

Strange, it wasn't doing that before. I wonder what I changed.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 07:57:53 PM »
Works for me on all pages it exists....but I can't logout in IE7.  Takes me back to the CIT homepage instead.  Link is correctly labeled and URL appears as http://cit.cohtitan.com/logout, but sends me home instead.  FF and IE8 work fine for Logouts.

Potentially a cookie issue?  Clear your cookies, log in, and then try to log back out again.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2009, 08:16:33 PM »
Potentially a cookie issue?  Clear your cookies, log in, and then try to log back out again.

Cleared everything, closed Browser, opened and started fresh.  Still no Logout.

For this I noticed it but thought it was known as all "older" IE versions seem to have this problem whenever we Update CIT.  Hover over the "My Account" Link to initiate the menu, then Click and Drag to the Link of the Page you desire to reach, let go and Click that Link, and it works....well, all but the Logout anyway, for me. 

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2009, 08:21:50 PM »
For this I noticed it but thought it was known as all "older" IE versions seem to have this problem whenever we Update CIT.  Hover over the "My Account" Link to initiate the menu, then Click and Drag to the Link of the Page you desire to reach, let go and Click that Link, and it works....well, all but the Logout anyway, for me. 

No, the issue that eabrace posted is different, and I'm certain that the issue you posted is specifically IE6... which frankly can go to hell.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 08:32:39 PM »
Ok, I just went a tad further to say how the Menu doesn't stay open when you move the mouse off the "Title Links" as I call them.  Both items I do recall from IE6, however I'm not using 6 I'm on 7.

I agree about 6, but just wanted to specify the version I have at work.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 08:39:56 PM »
Sorry Ross, I guess I'm not following.

Are you currently having a problem with the dropdowns in IE7?  Because I'm not seeing any issues (other than the menu appearing underneath the "Download" and "Register / Welcome Back" boxes.  I've tried in both IE7 and IE8, and the menus behave like good little children in both.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 08:46:42 PM »
Sorry Ross, I guess I'm not following.

Are you currently having a problem with the dropdowns in IE7?  Because I'm not seeing any issues (other than the menu appearing underneath the "Download" and "Register / Welcome Back" boxes.  I've tried in both IE7 and IE8, and the menus behave like good little children in both.

Scratch this, duplicated it.  I'll get a fix in.

Speaking of - I fixed the overlay in IE7, so at least that should work better.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 08:51:37 PM »
Sorry about that, I was merging a few things into one I guess :-\.

The overlay is fine now as far as the dropdown menu appearing over the Banner, confirmed.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 09:08:57 PM »
Updating the list:

• Layering of menus in main page header in IE7 make navigation difficult.  Fixed 10/26.
  • "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters text list.  Fixed 10/26.
  • "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters full list.  Fixed 10/26.
  • Uploading custom images takes user to a non-existent page.  ("Oops! This page doesn't exist!")  Fix deployed 10/26
  • Log Out links in IE7 send users back to main page but do not actually log users out.   IE7 specific.
  • Dropdown menus don't stay open when you move the mouse off of the Title links in main page header.  IE7 specific.

Edit:  Checked my "n/a" Level % character.  She just happens to be sitting at exactly 0/1237 XP.  Good enough for me to agree to call it fixed.

Edit 2:  Updated status on custom image uploads.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:21:06 AM by eabrace »
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 12:17:20 AM »
Image upload should work once more.

elizibar

• Underling
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 01:07:22 AM »
Image upload should work once more.

Tried it.  Works for me, at least. :)

Catharctic

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 01:19:43 AM »
SP, in both Character list options, can you add 1 more link on the right side of each character to go straight to the character profile?

As it stands currently, you have to click Edit, then click Profile. If it has to be one way or the other, it would almost make sense to reverse that. (Having both options would be nice, though.)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 03:58:22 AM »
Noticed another one for the list just now.  If you look at the Badge Details page for any badge and click on the "Check my characters for this badge!" link, it shows you a list of your characters, but under "Has Badge?" there is no indication as to which characters do and do not have the badge.

Updating the list:

• Layering of menus in main page header in IE7 make navigation difficult.  Fixed 10/26.
  • "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters text list.  Fixed 10/26.
  • "Level %" values not displaying correctly in My Characters full list.  Fixed 10/26.
  • Uploading custom images takes user to a non-existent page.  ("Oops! This page doesn't exist!")  Fixed 10/26.
  • "Check my characters for this badge!" page does not indicate whether characters do or do not have the badge being checked.
  • Dropdown menus don't stay open when you move the mouse off of the Title links in main page header.  IE7 specific.

All in all, good work knocking bugs out today, SP.  The site's looking really nice.  It's also pretty cool to see the Leaderboards back up and running.  :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 04:02:10 AM »
Character specific SetTitle bind file generator page (http://cit.cohtitan.com/checklist/export/settitle/{character_unique_key}) doesn't have the new styling (similar to http://cit.cohtitan.com/settitle )