Author Topic: Google Chrome  (Read 10358 times)

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Google Chrome
« on: November 03, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
I finally get around to posting this >.>

Looks like the side bar isn't playing nice in Chrome.  It does this for every page, it is just that this was the easiest to demonstrate on.

EDIT: This happens on both Wikis, and I'm using Chrome's Dev Channel (currently at 4.0.223.11)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Google Chrome
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 07:23:07 PM »
To clarify, the sidebar is being bumped down?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 07:47:45 PM »
To clarify, the sidebar is being bumped down?
Correct.  The sidebar is always displayed below the end of the main panel.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:54:50 PM »
Resolving this issue will either be tricky or automatic. Assuming the navigation menu does not correctly conform to web standards, the issue will need to be isolated and corrected. Assuming the navigation menu correctly conforms to web standards, it's Google Chrome that's at fault and it should be fixed in a future update.

If Google's the case, I recommend against patching together a workaround. It'd be better to send Google a memo about the problem.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 07:56:44 PM »
I'm usually loathe to particularly blame the browser (unless it's IE), but in this instance it seems to be specifically a Chrome issue.  Safari renders it fine, and both Safari and Chrome are WebKit browsers.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 09:56:54 PM »
Might it be settings related?

Looks perfect on mine. The only difference I can see is that I'm running Chrome with a theme.

Or someone fixed it. lol
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 10:06:58 PM »
Did a bit of searching, and it looks like this was something that broke in one of the more recent dev channel pushes.  There appears to be an issue with all mediawiki sheets.

I went ahead and reported the broken page from inside chrome, but there is no telling if/when it'll get fixed