Author Topic: Kheldian Forms and their Inherant Powers  (Read 4019 times)

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
Kheldian Forms and their Inherant Powers
« on: December 17, 2009, 06:20:26 PM »
Is there a way for me to edit the database so that forms and the Kheldian inherent powers are NOT mutually exclusive? And if not, I'd make the suggestion that a future update includes this.
Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
Re: Kheldian Forms and their Inherant Powers
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 07:51:56 AM »
Mind if I ask why you want this? You can't activate both Nova and Dwarf at the same time, and the forms themselves don't have toggles anyway.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 02:47:26 PM »
I don't think the question is whether or not you can make the forms capable of toggling on at the same time.  I think the question is whether or not you can change the database to keep the effects from Cosmic Balance or Dark Sustenance active while in Nova or Dwarf.  At least, that's how I read the question.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 04:24:45 PM »
Me being the Mids' guy and all, I'm not going to tell someone how to edit the database, sorry.  Secondly, there are no plans to change any of the Kheld powers as there is no reason to (except for one fix I am working on, but that is trivial).

The only time I could even see this has useful is if you switch to dwarf form, hit Mire, swith to human form, hit all your buffs, then to squid form to see your totals.  That is the only instance where buffs from form powers transfer over.  Like hitting hasten then switching to a form, you still have the hasten buff until it wears off.  And to change a bunch of powers just for that one thing, is a little silly if you ask me, and changing the powers like that has the potential of confusing alot more people than people it is intended for.

Thanks for for the suggestion, but I am going to have to say no.  Sorry

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 05:16:21 PM »
Me being the Mids' guy and all, I'm not going to tell someone how to edit the database, sorry.  Secondly, there are no plans to change any of the Kheld powers as there is no reason to (except for one fix I am working on, but that is trivial).

The only time I could even see this has useful is if you switch to dwarf form, hit Mire, swith to human form, hit all your buffs, then to squid form to see your totals.  That is the only instance where buffs from form powers transfer over.  Like hitting hasten then switching to a form, you still have the hasten buff until it wears off.  And to change a bunch of powers just for that one thing, is a little silly if you ask me, and changing the powers like that has the potential of confusing alot more people than people it is intended for.

Thanks for for the suggestion, but I am going to have to say no.  Sorry

Except for the fact that Cosmic Balance (Peacebringer Inherent) and Dark Sustenance (Warshade Inherent) do actually transfer over while in Dwarf or Nova.  This is something they fixed in Issue 13 (ref 1, ref 2), but slipped through the cracks in the Mids transfer

EDIT: tweaked wording

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 10:26:10 PM »
Yes, that's what I was asking. Just so the inherants of Cosmic Balance and Dark Sustenance can be active at the same time as the Nova and Dwarf forms, as has been the case in City of Heroes since Issue 13. Sorry I wasn't clearer in my initial post.
Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?