Author Topic: Netbook Resolution Issues  (Read 4781 times)

elizibar

• Underling
Netbook Resolution Issues
« on: December 31, 2009, 01:17:52 AM »
So I put Mids on my netbook today, since I just finished getting a character all the way IO'd out and was moving to my next one.  My netbook has a resolution of 1024x600 pixels.  This means the bottom of Mids is cut off, so I can't do things like see some number or access Epic pools.  I looked around in the settings for a "Put a scrollbar on the side of the window so you can get to the cut off part" option but didn't see one.  I think it'd be a handy thing to have (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be mentioning it! >.>).

Dunno how hard it'd be to implement, but I'd appreciate it.  I'm honestly surprised no one's brought this up before, given how popular netbooks are these days.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Netbook Resolution Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 02:28:20 AM »
It would require a lot of pushing and flimsy percent based dimensions for each individual control... I'd hate to say, but possibly bumping up your netbook's resolution to something a little higher than the lowest possible resolution on mini-widescreen these days.

I would honestly say one or two more notches on the resolution scale should fix that. If that's no an option for you, I will be happy to look into making the v-scroll and h-scrolls dynamic via an options setting.
~Steinerd

elizibar

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 03:03:16 AM »
I would honestly say one or two more notches on the resolution scale should fix that.

It would.  About 200 more pixels of height is all I need.

If that's no an option for you, I will be happy to look into making the v-scroll and h-scrolls dynamic via an options setting.

Sadly this is the max resolution on my slick little Acer netbook.  I normally just use it for my work, but I figured I'd give Mids a try on it.  Like I said, I'm honestly surprised I'm the first person to run into this.  It seems really convenient to have my build up on one little screen, and be in CoH getting the stuff I need to slot on my PC screen.  Anyway, if it's relatively easy to do, I'd appreciate it.  If it's too much work, then don't worry about it.

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 02:21:14 AM »
I'm honestly surprised I'm the first person to run into this.
This isn't the first time I've seen people with resolution problems. But with computers going the way they are, I think it's just too rare an occurrence for someone to use such low resolutions for their monitors these days.

Heh, I remember when 1024x768 was considered a pretty good resolution :gonk:

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 02:34:36 AM »
lol!
How true.
Well I can understand the leisure of having it be a truly dynamic MDI application, regardless of the purpose. However even a netbook should support a better resolution than that... but that's what you get with a <15" Acer netbook, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Acer, but remember... they merged with eMachines, and those were bloody awful... no I'm not British... it's just a word substitute for my true language...... trying to remain PG-13 here lol.

However, I will look into forcing the Vertical scroll via an option setting... no harm should come of it, but as you stated elizibar, if it takes me more than 3 tries to get it functioning... I'm just going to have to pass.
~Steinerd

Energy Aura

• Boss
  • Mids' "Data Entry Drone"
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 11:58:26 PM »
Actually I use Mids on my netbook all the time...Here's what you do...Undock the data windows (it's the F inside the square in the upper left corner of the data window. ) then you can move it out of the way and you will see pools and epics...

You might want to maximize it too...You should have no problems...

Cheers,
EA