Author Topic: Level requirement for recording character progress  (Read 2839 times)

summoner

• Underling
Level requirement for recording character progress
« on: January 12, 2010, 04:14:41 PM »
So as someone with severe alt-itis, and a penchant for trying to choose names which have already been taken, I frequently delete a lot of characters from my profile here.   

What I'm wondering is if it would be possible to include a way to set a minimum level before character data starts to record here (or a setting which a player could set to auto-delete any toon below a certain level).   Yes, I'm aware that this might mean that you'd need to go back and run the settitle binds for any toon you brought past that level.   But if it's a user-set preference, and it defaults to Level 1 (or 0), then it only negatively impacts people who have asked for it.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: Level requirement for recording character progress
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 05:07:04 PM »
So as someone with severe alt-itis, and a penchant for trying to choose names which have already been taken, I frequently delete a lot of characters from my profile here.   

What I'm wondering is if it would be possible to include a way to set a minimum level before character data starts to record here (or a setting which a player could set to auto-delete any toon below a certain level).   Yes, I'm aware that this might mean that you'd need to go back and run the settitle binds for any toon you brought past that level.   But if it's a user-set preference, and it defaults to Level 1 (or 0), then it only negatively impacts people who have asked for it.

Possible, sure.  Likely? Not so sure. 

I'll look into what it exactly it would take on our end, but make no promises.

As a mean-time workaround, you have two options:
  • You can either out of Glycerine or HeroStats when playing unwanted characters
  • If you are using Glycerine, there is also a toggle to stop sending information to us.  Click on the "File" menu and select "Force CIT Offline".  This will be in effect until you either toggle it back or restart the program