Author Topic: Going Rogue: Alignment  (Read 4912 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Going Rogue: Alignment
« on: January 23, 2010, 02:39:20 AM »
I've created the very basic foundation of the Alignment pages:
Hero
-->Vigilante
----->Villain
Villain
-->Rogue
---->Hero

I've included the pseudo-alignments for new characters that start in Praetoria instead of Paragon City or the Rogue Isles.
Praetorian
-->Resistance
---->Hero
Praetorian
-->Loyalist
---->Villain
(Related: We need better pages on The Resistance and Loyalists, but sadly we have no information on them yet.)

In the process, I've done a few "redirect into disambiguation" changes, and a couple articles needed to be moved to create other disambiguation pages. I'm hoping to get around to fixing links to those articles (the most daunting one is Resistance, gah, look at all that links to that page! lol).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:47:25 AM by Aggelakis »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Going Rogue: Alignment
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 03:18:12 AM »
I'm hoping to get around to fixing links to those articles (the most daunting one is Resistance, gah, look at all that links to that page! lol).

I took out most of them just by changing the reference in Template:Set Bonus Resist‎.  It's down to about 48 now.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

CmdrAdeon

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
Do we know for sure that Praetorian that join the Resistance become Heroes and Loyalists becomes Villains? My reading on the devs comments is that we can follow either path but towards the end of it we will have to make choices that result in us becoming heroes or villains.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 10:06:26 PM »
I think the intrigue on how the system will actually play out is what makes GR so interesting, lol.
~Steinerd

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 01:32:04 AM »
Do we know for sure that Praetorian that join the Resistance become Heroes and Loyalists becomes Villains? My reading on the devs comments is that we can follow either path but towards the end of it we will have to make choices that result in us becoming heroes or villains.

PWiki's information is based on HeroCon comments, forum/twitter comments, and interview data. I cannot remember atm where/who said what, but I think it's in the HeroCon thread on the official forums. Although I may be completely misremembering where it is.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

CmdrAdeon

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 02:38:45 AM »
PWiki's information is based on HeroCon comments, forum/twitter comments, and interview data. I cannot remember atm where/who said what, but I think it's in the HeroCon thread on the official forums. Although I may be completely misremembering where it is.
Well here is the quote from the original HeroCon thread, I was wondering if there was something newer than that that contradicted it:
Once they reach level 20 (or before?), they can choose to go to Paragon City and be a Hero, or go to the Rogue Isles and be a villain, even if they chose to side with the opposite faction in Praetoria
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=196483