Author Topic: Brand new, couple of questions  (Read 4947 times)

Quinch

Brand new, couple of questions
« on: January 27, 2010, 12:07:46 PM »
Hi.

I came across this site via reference from the Suggestions CoH board and figured it might be a good place to put the info about my MA arc. Now, I'm pretty much brand new to Wiki editing altogether, so better to ask before diving in.

Basically, what is the standard format for AE descriptions? I'm thinking about cribbing the overall layout ParagonWiki uses for contacts; is that acceptable? Also, considering eventual problems with naming conflicts, should I use the arc name or ID number as the article title?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Brand new, couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 02:31:31 PM »
Our Article Guidelines are available. There is a Help page for getting started with wiki editing. It includes a link to the very extensive Wikipedia help section.

The Arc name should be the title. Naming conflicts with other items isn't a concern yet (we've only a few hundred pages), currently if it is conflicting with something else then it gets the "(AE ####)" flag after it. The number is the arc ID. Until there is a naming conflict, you don't HAVE to use "(AE ####)" unless you really want to.

Some wonderful examples for mission arcs can be found at The Butterfly Effect and The Wretch's Gift.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Brand new, couple of questions
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 02:41:14 PM »
First of all, welcome to the Ouroboros Portal.  :)

We've already had a few Mission Architect Story Arcs recorded here.  I don't think a specific format has been set as our "standard" yet, but there appear to be three basic formats that have been used:

* promotional poster image (example)
* plain text (example)
* contact format (example)

It sounds like the third format is the one closest to what you're aiming for.

Aggelakis has been a little more involved in documenting Architect Entertainment content than I have, so I'd suggest dropping a line on her discussion page if you have any questions about how to get things set up specific to your arcs.  (I'm sure it probably won't be long before she posts here, either.  :))

Edit:  See what I mean?   :D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov