Author Topic: mids droid  (Read 4137 times)

ExoQQ

• Underling
mids droid
« on: February 19, 2010, 09:08:50 AM »
Wtb mids for the android OS. I'm always messing with my phone when I'm bored and making builds on the go would be great ;D

I have no idea if this is even possible, but sounded like a great idea so figured I'd throw it up and see what was said.

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
Re: mids droid
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 04:02:18 PM »
I have no idea if this is even possible
Possible? Of course it is.
Doing some quick research, Droid programs are written in Java - the same as the cross-platform version of Mids' that I've been working on. However, Droid apps also need to use the Droid SDK (which I'm not using). The Droid Mids' would also need to be tested, which I can't do without owning a Droid phone.

So, unless you want to buy me a Droid phone or are willing to write a version of Mids' from scratch... :)

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »
Possible? Of course it is.
Doing some quick research, Droid programs are written in Java - the same as the cross-platform version of Mids' that I've been working on. However, Droid apps also need to use the Droid SDK (which I'm not using). The Droid Mids' would also need to be tested, which I can't do without owning a Droid phone.

So, unless you want to buy me a Droid phone or are willing to write a version of Mids' from scratch... :)

The Android SDK is actually a plugin for eclipse, with some other fancy stuff tacked on. 

I installed on my machine recently, but have been a bit lazy on the not-web development side of things lately and haven't done anything for it.

I also recent purchased the Nexus One, so I could test things out for you ;)

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:42:21 PM »
There are devices emulators out there, Adobe provides them, eclipse provides some (mostly nokia) and I KNOW that Visual Studio provides most of the mainstream smart phones in the Smart-Devices emulator... however I do not know if running a Java app in a VS environment is possible... though Microsoft has recently loosen their grip on their products and dropped some of their guard with letting other applications utilize their studios.

I have to admit as fun as this would be to see... the sad truth is if we make it for one phone, we'll have everyone with their own phones and sub-OSs asking for a version on their blackberry or iPhone, etc.

I just honestly think any developer that takes this on will find themselves further in-over their head then they initially thought.

However, if there were some developers outside Titan (or those inside that have the time to dedicate to it) feel they are capable of creating such an application we'll do whatever we can to help. However you will have to ask us (Me, since I'm instigating this) to please ask us in PMs or Google-Talk, and we'll let you know what we can provide.

Might even setup a Titan Code page on GoogleCode to have a central hub for said projects.... or something... though as with any 3rd party tool, use at your own discretion, lol.
~Steinerd

ExoQQ

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 10:32:19 PM »
I would totally try and do this myself but I can't program worth crap and would have no idea where to start :/

As to other users wanting a version for their own smartphones, maybe they should've thought of this first lol

Cool to know it's possible :)

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 11:47:47 PM »
Anything is possible... with the right motivation behind it...... for me it's normally RedBull.... however I'm beginning to change that motivation to just cold hard cash, lol!

~Steinerd