Author Topic: Mids' Hero/Villain Designer v1.62  (Read 27455 times)

cybermitheral

• Lieutenant
Re: Mids' Hero/Villain Designer v1.62
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 01:15:41 AM »
<smacks head in shame  :gonk:>
I look everwhere EXCEPT there.

Also I tried to find (but failed) infiormation on what the [Receipts: On/Off] button does.

Guys I have to say that this tool is awesome in the extreme :)
Thank you to everyone who works on it.

Call Me Awesome

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 01:21:10 AM »
Make sure you check what database your version is running.  I just did a fresh install to check this and all travel powers are displaying correctly. 

These powers have to be fixed every time there is an update.  I am sorry this is such an inconvience for you.  I will make sure travel power sort order is the number one thing I do on each release from here on out.

Thanks for the feedback.

So it's something off on my end?  It's not an issue for me since I know the order anyway but it's struck me odd in the last two updates.  I started with the last "official" Mid's before you took over, then added the unofficial update for the issue 16 closed beta which now that I think of it also showed the pools incorrectly.  My problem is a legacy of updating the last couple of times over the previous version?

Interesting, I'll give an uninstall/fresh install a try and see if that cures the issue.

Energy Aura

• Boss
  • Mids' "Data Entry Drone"
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
Each update Stoney or I put out overwrite each other.  Granted, some of the issues are dbase related, but you just need to install the lastest version to get the features.  The versions DO NOT build on each other...

Cheers

Spar

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 05:41:57 PM »
<smacks head in shame  :gonk:>
I look everwhere EXCEPT there.

Also I tried to find (but failed) infiormation on what the [Receipts: On/Off] button does.

Guys I have to say that this tool is awesome in the extreme :)
Thank you to everyone who works on it.
I don't know about "receipts" but there is a "Recipes" button which will then show the salvage required to craft recipes that you hover the cursor over.

Call Me Awesome

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 05:46:39 PM »
Each update Stoney or I put out overwrite each other.  Granted, some of the issues are dbase related, but you just need to install the lastest version to get the features.  The versions DO NOT build on each other...

Cheers

Well, I just did an uninstall of Mid's and then re-installed... the power pool order is correct now so I guess it was an issue with my install somehow carrying over on the last two updates.  Anyway, after the complete uninstall/reinstall everything's as it should be.

Oh, and thanks for keeping the tool functional for us guys; it's an invaluable resource.

sgtkeeper

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »
I don't know if it s just me, but when i choose the tough power from the fighting power pool it shows added resistance to everything instead of just smash/lethal. I just figured I would let you know of this problem.

thanks,
SGTKEEPER

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 08:21:20 PM »
I don't know if it s just me, but when i choose the tough power from the fighting power pool it shows added resistance to everything instead of just smash/lethal. I just figured I would let you know of this problem.

thanks,
SGTKEEPER
Toggle off PVP mode in the top right corner and you should be good.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 05:17:33 AM »
Found a bug in the database.  Hamidon Centrioles enhance Damage and Range.  In the database, they're enhancing Damage, Range, and Resistance.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

iakona

• Underling
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 09:12:38 PM »
Found a bug in the database.  Hamidon Centrioles enhance Damage and Range.  In the database, they're enhancing Damage, Range, and Resistance.
Technically, they enhance Damage, Range, and Resistance in-game, so it's not exactly a bug with the database.  (They only state Damage and Range in game because that's all they're intended to enhance, but due to the core design of the game, damage enhancements enhance damage resistance as well.)

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 09:24:50 PM »
Technically, they enhance Damage, Range, and Resistance in-game, so it's not exactly a bug with the database.  (They only state Damage and Range in game because that's all they're intended to enhance, but due to the core design of the game, damage enhancements enhance damage resistance as well.)

Ooh, I think I remember this explanation from the CoV closed beta.  Masterminds used to be able to slot +resist in some pets.  I think it was something like Damage Resistance was treated a negative buff to damage applied to you.  I don't remember the exact effect, but it messed with the pets enough to remove the ability to slot resistance, but in exchange, they buffed the original resistance values equivalent to 2 SOs.

/random flashback

iakona

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2010, 11:38:16 PM »
Also, a fun bonus of that design quirk is that you can slot centrioles in ally damage resistance powers, like sonic shields (anything that takes range enhancements), and with only two enhancements you can approach the damage resist boost of 3 common IOs (plus a 40% range boost).

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2010, 08:42:37 AM »
While not intended behavior, this is what Centrioles actually do. Resistance and damage are intrinsically linked in the powers system (part of why powers like Power Boost will buff defense powers, but not resistance powers).

I recall during one of the betas, Brutes were getting extra resistance as they built Fury  :o

Enhancing resistance with a Centriole (among other tricks with HOs) is technically an expliot, one that has existed since game launch, and has even been acknowledged by Castle. As you can guess, it's not an easy exploit to fix.

Note that some examples of the exploit that you would intuitively think would work... don't. For example, you can slot Enzyme Exposure in [Call Enforcer], with the expectation that you'd get the 33% buff on Enforcer's Maneuvers, rather than the normal 20%. However, since Enforcer Maneuvers is an auto power, it doesn't accept endurance reduction enhancements. Therefore, Enforcer Maneuvers doesn't technically accept any aspect of the Enzyme, so the Enzyme doesn't affect it.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »
Fair enough.  I've been aware of the ToHit Buff/ToHit Debuff crossover for ages, but hadn't ever really thought about there being a Damage/Damage Resistance crossover.  Very interesting.

I just found it odd seeing Laser Beam Eyes showing a Damage Resistance enhancement.  :P
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Local Man

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 10:14:58 PM »
I had an interesting problem.  Mids was showing very low numbers on control powers.  For example, I have my Illusion/Radiation build up now and it was showing the base duration for Flash to be only 4 seconds.

. . . . Drove me nuts.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the program 4 times, thinking it might be a database error.  And just now, I finally figured it out . . . The PvP mode toggle was on.  I don't know how it turned on, but it was on.  I never PvP, so I had no idea that the controller effects were so short in PvP.

So if anyone else has that problem, look at the toggles in the upper right corner and change the PvP mode to PvE.

Spar

• Minion
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 11:10:09 PM »
I had an interesting problem.  Mids was showing very low numbers on control powers.  For example, I have my Illusion/Radiation build up now and it was showing the base duration for Flash to be only 4 seconds.

. . . . Drove me nuts.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the program 4 times, thinking it might be a database error.  And just now, I finally figured it out . . . The PvP mode toggle was on.  I don't know how it turned on, but it was on.  I never PvP, so I had no idea that the controller effects were so short in PvP.

So if anyone else has that problem, look at the toggles in the upper right corner and change the PvP mode to PvE.
Yeah, they left that turned on when the new version went live.  There have been several threads about problems caused by this, actually.  I knew that the PVP mode messed up the numbers, so I knew to uncheck it when I saw weird numbers right after downloading the new version.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 12:03:08 AM »
Thanks for lookin' out Spar.
~Steinerd

PeteDutcher

• Underling
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »
I tried the install, several times over, and all I get is a partially complete window for the program. The pool powers are not listed and the drop downs are unclickable, the PVP on/OFF buttons are gone, along with what is next to them, and hte entire program will not let me change anythin at all.

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2010, 08:23:39 AM »
You're not getting any error messages or anything? That's... bizarre. Can you take a screenshot of what's going on for us?

NeutronStar

• Underling
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 03:39:09 PM »
Heads-up for Windows 7 users: You'll have to run this as an administrator, otherwise it won't install.
Mmmm, bacon...

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »
That's been the ordeal since Vista, lol. Not much we can do about it unless the users want to pitch in for a trust-certificate.

https://www.verisign.com/code-signing/content-signing-certificates/microsoft-authenticode/index.html

Pretty steep.

Other than that, it would require a self-signed cert, that would require the user to be an admin to accept anyways.

Microsoft kind-of has our hands tied. However, I will soon be adding logic to the application/installer to allow it to be run from your
Code: [Select]
C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files [(bit flavor)]\Titan Network\Mids' Hero & Villain DesignerWhich is the equivalent of running it from your computer's C:\Program Files... but without the need of admin rights.

Microsoft uses this directory for OneClick applications, which we can't use because Mids is simply too complex and relies on the NSIS installer.

Using this folder will grand FULL access to the application without the need of admin mode/rights.
Might cause a few issues though:
- If you're not an admin you can't install more than one copy of Mids...
- I'm assuming you're not a power-user that needs access to the files if you're not running in admin mode, so burying the files in your AppData folder shouldn't affect you.
- It will only be installed for THAT user who installed it... the "Everyone" option is only available to admins.
~Steinerd