Author Topic: Mids' for I17  (Read 15580 times)

Freakyliciousss

• Underling
Re: Mids' for I17
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 09:13:44 PM »
Ok, what do you think the problem is?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »
Ok, what do you think the problem is?
Steiner was referring to the menu issue mentioned by Tog.

As for your issue with the NSIS error, have you tried my suggestion above?
Download the installer file to your desktop (or somewhere else on the computer).

Right Click the installer, then select "Run as Administrator"

Freakyliciousss

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 02:19:13 AM »
Yes I have

DarkShader

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 02:26:39 AM »
Thank you very much for keeping this tool alive. It's proved invaluable.

Is it safe to use the I-17 version yet or are you still chasing down gremlins?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 02:28:06 AM »
gremlins. but it still sort of useful, at least for DS I think. lol.
~Steinerd

Imaginos9

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 11:58:17 AM »
I have a request for the designer.

Whenever i'm making a character that has stealth and trying to softcap my defenses (soldiers of arachnos for instance) mids only shows the unsuppressed stealth of a power (like mask presence). I find this totally useless for trying to softcap a build because if I'm in combat I'm dealing with suppressed numbers not unsuppressed.

Can you please add some sort of button to show suppressed power levels or something?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 01:37:32 PM »
Would this be regarding PVP? Because a lot of the math implemented in-game for PvP have yet to be attributed to Mids.

The only "sure" formulas are almost entirely due to theoretical formulas developed by the community, which still don't give exact #s for DR and the rest of the PvP differentiated game play.

Now, you'll be glad to know one of the main reasons I wanted to bring St0n3y onto the project was because he is a PvPer, and from calibrating is cockiness I'm guessing a pretty avid one at that. So it is one of his ideals to get the proper #s in Mids!
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 01:50:20 PM »
Would this be regarding PVP? Because a lot of the math implemented in-game for PvP have yet to be attributed to Mids.

The only "sure" formulas are almost entirely due to theoretical formulas developed by the community, which still don't give exact #s for DR and the rest of the PvP differentiated game play.

Now, you'll be glad to know one of the main reasons I wanted to bring St0n3y onto the project was because he is a PvPer, and from calibrating is cockiness I'm guessing a pretty avid one at that. So it is one of his ideals to get the proper #s in Mids!
There is suppression in PvE, too. Using Stealth as an example: 

Now, the values aren't huge, but for a Blaster, you have a base of +1.75% DEF(All Types, Melee, Ranged, AOE), and then an additional +1.75% DEF(All Types, Melee, Ranged, AOE) that is suppressed if attacked, attacking, or clicking a glowie.  This goes for both PvE and PvP maps.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 02:24:06 PM »
Oooooooooooh, that one is gunna be fun to add!  I mean seams the math is pretty cut and dry, but having it tied to a control is going to be the fun part.

Possibly a new control near the buttons up top that has a drop down of the possible "states" you can be in. Albeit "Idle", "Offensive", "Defensive"... I don't know just throwing out ideas. Doubt it will be in the next release since the very next release is just fixing the data. But it's definitely going on [the list]!
~Steinerd

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 04:28:41 PM »
Why not have a slider like the Fulcrum Shift powers, etc.? Options are 0 (suppressed amount) and 1 (unsuppressed). IIRC, the suppressed amount is the same amount as is removed from the unsuppressed amount, so basically [suppressed]+[suppressed]=[unsuppressed], so this method would be simple, just reuse the Fulcrum Shift/Dark Consumption/etc. slider with a maximum of 1.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Imaginos9

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2010, 04:41:44 PM »

If you were replying to me about the stealth suppression, no I wasn't talking about PvP, though I'm sure the pvp'ers would like such a feature too. :)

There is suppression in PvE, too. Using Stealth as an example:

Now, the values aren't huge, but for a Blaster, you have a base of +1.75% DEF(All Types, Melee, Ranged, AOE), and then an additional +1.75% DEF(All Types, Melee, Ranged, AOE) that is suppressed if attacked, attacking, or clicking a glowie.  This goes for both PvE and PvP maps.

yes this is correct. Recently I've been relooking at some of my builds and softcaps of defense, mostly on my VEATs and bs/sd scrapper and trying to figure what the actual defense numbers are in combat has been irksome as stuff like mask presence is only showing unsuppressed, which isn't going to really matter when you're in combat :)

A Slider would be good as mentioned above. A drop down menu for In Combat, Out of Combat could also work.
A clicky circle on the powers themselves could also work, just on the far left instead of right, though there may not be room for that. How about a button at the top to the left of "Mode PvE" that says "In Combat / Out Combat" and can be easily toggled on/off.

Mask presence as an example gives 5% def to all positions unsuppressed and 2.5% suppressed (unenhanced) and as mentioned above also, it is basically just half of what you get total cut in half for suppressed.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:48:33 PM by Imaginos9 »

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2010, 11:48:33 PM »
IIRC, the suppressed amount is the same amount as is removed from the unsuppressed amount
True for some powers (such as Stealth), not true for others (such as Mask Presence).

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 02:16:07 AM »
True for some powers (such as Stealth), not true for others (such as Mask Presence).

Since at the time we were talking about Stealth, I wasn't talking about any other power. :x
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2010, 03:48:30 AM »
It was Nicster who brought up [Stealth]. The original question referenced [Mask Presence]. So nyaaah! :P

StratoNexus

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2010, 03:36:21 AM »
There seems to be a problem with the damage and damage resist calculations in the newest build.

See this thread for an example.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2010, 03:49:19 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, solution is on its way.
~Steinerd

Seraphael

• Underling
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 08:19:49 AM »
The Blaster version of Sonic Blast is listed erroneously with -20% resistance, not -13% which I believe it should.

LineNoise

• Underling
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 10:32:29 PM »
Here's another vote for fixing the suppression thing, that's always bugged me because I have to manually calculate the caps.  Given that the unsuppressed defense on something like Hide or Stealth is only active when you're not in combat (and thus, mostly useless) I'd be perfectly happy if you just defaulted to the suppressed numbers on those powers, and skip the UI changes.

Found an odd bug in the branching for Frag Grenade on my Crab Spider.  Frag Grenade (Wolf) and Frag Grenade (Crab) are supposed to be mutually exclusive.  Instead, the Crab version is greyed by default, and becomes available after you take the Wolf version.  If you try to take both, it tells you that the Wolf version is placed invalidly, but the Crab version is fine.

Edited:
Ninja Run is also behaving weirdly.  On some toons it's telling me that it's placed illegally, and on one toon it was hidden.  I could hover over and click it, but nothing was displaying.  Seems to only be messed up on old toons, though, so might just be a weird thing in old files.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:53:03 PM by LineNoise »