Author Topic: Mids' I17: The Second Coming  (Read 14341 times)

St0n3y

• Boss
Mids' I17: The Second Coming
« on: May 04, 2010, 05:05:01 AM »

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
Re: Mids' I17: The Second Coming
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 06:44:39 AM »
Vigilance doesn't seem to be working.  I tried it on a saved, and a new character, and saw no difference.

kskh2o

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 09:08:51 AM »
Hello thanks for the updates.  Wanted to post a few things that were nagging me.

Scrapper APP Darkness Mastery's Nightfall is currently not taking the correct IOs.  It wants to slot to hit buff IOS whereas they should be tohit debuff and accurate tohit debuff IOs.

Every new update, resets all the personal configurations (I download every update from titan and install).

Every time, my directories are reset to default, all notifications and settings are reset to default.  Would be great not to overwrite the existing personal prefferences.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:15:02 AM by kskh2o »

St0n3y

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 04:30:55 PM »
A new build has been posted with the Vigilence fix, Nightfall fix, and Mastermind Patron fix.

Get it here.

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

SceneGG

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 04:36:59 PM »
Thanks for the  update :)

Just 1 minor problem... it keeps telling me there's a newer release even after I installed the latest version.

EDIT: ah I think I found the problem. Even though it is the 1.706 version I downloaded, it still states in the about window that its v1.704

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 04:38:54 PM »
I'm having issues with the new version. I have:

-Downloaded MXDSetup1-706.exe
-Uninstalled previous version
-Installed 1.7.0.6
-Run Mids

I get a message saying I should update to 1.7.0.6

'About' shows me as still using 1.7.0.4. Any ideas?

Cheers

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 05:10:30 PM »
1 theory is there might be residual files...

Copy this:
Code: [Select]
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files or if you have a 64bit
Code: [Select]
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)
And if you see Titan Network or Mids hero designer is in there, manually delete it if so.

Other than that it might be due to the application having issues copying version numbers all-the-sudden. We figured up-to-date data was more important than proper versioning, lol.
~Steinerd

Sir Giles

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 06:24:27 PM »
Ok, that worked for me.  It's not constantly trying to update it self and saying I did something wrong.  It does appear all my files including Mids itself is using the Endurance Modification IO though.

Thanks for the update.

@Sir Giles
Sir Giles

kviri

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 08:20:53 PM »
Hmm.  I still can't seem to get 1.7.0.6 to install properly.  Like the poster above, I get an "upgrade available" message every time I start, and About says I'm still running 1.7.0.4.  I'm pretty sure it's not just showing the wrong version number, because the Mastermind Epic power selection bug you fixed in 1.7.0.6 is still there.

I tried all of the things mentioned upthread, and scoured both my filesystem and registry for leftover stuff before reinstalling.  Didn't help.

Any ideas?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 08:38:49 PM »
Hmm.  I still can't seem to get 1.7.0.6 to install properly.  Like the poster above, I get an "upgrade available" message every time I start, and About says I'm still running 1.7.0.4.  I'm pretty sure it's not just showing the wrong version number, because the Mastermind Epic power selection bug you fixed in 1.7.0.6 is still there.

I tried all of the things mentioned upthread, and scoured both my filesystem and registry for leftover stuff before reinstalling.  Didn't help.

Any ideas?

Just hit "No" in that update window, and ignore it for now.

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 10:27:25 AM »
Just hit "No" in that update window, and ignore it for now.

Cheers Nicster. That's what I've done too and turned off the update check for now. The main thing is the functionality is there :)

Ravenswing

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 10:42:28 AM »
Unfortunately, it's currently unusable for me. I want to plan out a DP/Traps build, but as soon as I select Swap Ammo I lose the ability to place slots and can't advance.

Suzumebachi

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 11:58:57 AM »
Hmm.  I still can't seem to get 1.7.0.6 to install properly.  Like the poster above, I get an "upgrade available" message every time I start, and About says I'm still running 1.7.0.4.  I'm pretty sure it's not just showing the wrong version number, because the Mastermind Epic power selection bug you fixed in 1.7.0.6 is still there.

I tried all of the things mentioned upthread, and scoured both my filesystem and registry for leftover stuff before reinstalling.  Didn't help.

Any ideas?

Just to confirm I'm also seeing this with the latest download on both a WinXp Home machine and a Win7 Pro x64 machine.

I've fully uninstalled the previous version of Mids, cleaned the registry of keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and HK_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software and installed to D:\Mids Hero Designer

Edit:

The file downloaded is MXDSetup1-706.exe (file version 1.4.10.0)
The about dialog shows:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:05:16 PM by Suzumebachi »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 01:13:59 PM »
Unfortunately, it's currently unusable for me. I want to plan out a DP/Traps build, but as soon as I select Swap Ammo I lose the ability to place slots and can't advance.

That sounds familiar.

After selecting Swap Ammo, try momentarily switching from Level Up to Dynamic mode, placing your next slots, and then switching back to Level Up.  I think you should be good to go from that point forward.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 01:42:05 PM »
Just to confirm I'm also seeing this with the latest download on both a WinXp Home machine and a Win7 Pro x64 machine.

I've fully uninstalled the previous version of Mids, cleaned the registry of keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and HK_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software and installed to D:\Mids Hero Designer

Edit:

The file downloaded is MXDSetup1-706.exe (file version 1.4.10.0)
The about dialog shows:

This is due to our using an older copy of the source files to create the newest releases. The newer sources were causing untraceable errors, and out of a whim St0n3y discovered that the old source didn't throw the errors. In the excitement of getting the new information working and out to the masses, we completely forgot we put about 3 hours worth the changes into Mids regarding versioning and notification.

The weirdest of which, if you go into the options in Mids and click the "check for update" on the last tab to the right... it will give you BOTH the new download AND tell you that there is no update.

We're still searching the underlying causes.
~Steinerd

Ravenswing

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 06:01:12 PM »
That sounds familiar.

After selecting Swap Ammo, try momentarily switching from Level Up to Dynamic mode, placing your next slots, and then switching back to Level Up.  I think you should be good to go from that point forward.

Thanks, that worked perfectly.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 07:28:40 PM »
Tinkering with possible builds and came across something in Mastermind Soul Mastery.

The defined prerequisites for Soul Storm are:

Night Fall AND Oppressive Gloom
Night Fall AND Soul Tentacles
Dark Embrace AND Oppressive Gloom
Dark Embrace AND Soul Tentacles

Isn't there one more valid combination missing from the list?

Night Fall AND Dark Embrace

Assuming that combination will allow someone to take Soul Storm (as per the description's stated requirement of "two other Soul Mastery Powers"), other patron pools seem to need similar additions in the requirements for the final power in each set.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 12:46:03 AM »
Isn't there one more valid combination missing from the list?

Night Fall AND Dark Embrace

Assuming that combination will allow someone to take Soul Storm (as per the description's stated requirement of "two other Soul Mastery Powers"), other patron pools seem to need similar additions in the requirements for the final power in each set.
This is correct. Either of the first two powers in the pool will open up the third and fourth powers, and ANY TWO of the first four powers will open up the fifth power in the pool. Poking around, I'm seeing the same error/bug.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

onehuman

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 03:34:47 AM »
Hello All,

Can't access update. When I select next on the file page during update download from titan, I get a "can't write/opening error" followed by c: Program Files\Titan Network\Mids Hero Designer\Hero Designer exe.

please advise. Thanks

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 03:44:30 AM »
Actually download the file to your machine, then right click on it and run as administrator.