Author Topic: Question about accuracy numbers listed in builds as related to wiki info  (Read 3319 times)

plainguy

• Underling
While creating a build I noticed that an accuracy total for a power might be listed at 293%. Wiki stats the max a level 50 player can have is 200.35%

Is Mids just giving the total so players can compare to make their own judgment based upon these scores ?

Or are they truly interpreted in the game and just dropped down to 200.35% if the total score is beyond this number when all the calculations are done in game with accuracy vs hit debuff and what not.

So if your real hit score is 293% and after calculations your end result is 250%, does the game just say Hey that is beyond the 200.35% max, so lets drop that down to the 200.35% ?

Or if Mids says the total accuracy for a power is 293% and the game max is 200.35%,  I am at overkill with accuracy in a power ? Thus wasting possible slots.

Am I making sense ?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Yeah, you're at overkill on accuracy. The game does not acknowledge anything over 200.35, so you're wasting 92.whatever percent.

However, if you're hit with tohit debuffs, especially if you're fighting +4s or whatever, you'll want to keep some accuracy. I don't think I would go over 200 anyway, but don't hack out your accuracy entirely just because you're going over cap.

Keep in mind, that after the final calculations, anything above 95% chance to hit is tossed. You ALWAYS have a 5% chance to miss (just like you always have a 5% chance to hit). (NOTE: "TO HIT" and "ACCURACY" are different mechanics! Accuracy is PART of the To Hit formula.)

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Attack_Mechanics
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:30:53 AM by Aggelakis »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

iakona

• Underling

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
If you want to know your chances against an enemy with defense, simply subtract their defense value from the ToHit value.

Then round anything higher than 95 to 95, and anything under 5 to 5.

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
The accuracy stat that Mids' lists in the information window is the final chance to hit with that power on a +0 critter that has no defense, before that hit chance gets clamped to 95%. 200.35% is the cap on ToHit, not the cap on Accuracy. (In fact, I'm not sure there is an enforced cap on Accuracy, merely on ToHit and on FinalHitChance.)