Author Topic: Suggestion - One button to slot a full set of IOs in a power  (Read 3750 times)

plainguy

• Underling
Just a suggestion..

Once I decided what Invention I wanted to slot. If I clicked on the top where it says "Enhancing: Protector Bots" It would slot all the IOs

Or if there was another button at the end of the IOs that said all  or had the Letter A for all.. Mine is in purple. I know not the best icon maker.. But trying to help the visual.

So this way instead of going down the line clicking each IO to fill the slot, instead  you click one button and all the IOs populate. Even if I was 6 slotting but only slotting 5 from a set it would be fine. Again I would go in and remove just one invention from the set.

Myself I know I am mixing and matching sometimes and I am just trying to get it done. So when I am dropping full sets to compare numbers one 3 clicks would be faster then 18 clicks.

I know go figure people can click now they want less clicks. Yea its pure laziness, but I said it.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Suggestion - One button to slot a full set of IOs in a power
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 03:05:20 AM »
Naw, it's not laziness... because 20 some powers and a half-hour later... that stuff starts to add up.

That would be a relatively cool feature. Click a set, fill them in as best it can... for instance if someone 5 slotted a dmg AoE, we can assume they're not going to pick the Chance from the set.

And if they wanted the chance versus what is auto-filled; again like you said it will be far less clicks to fix.

That is definitely going on the top of the list of kick-ass features to be added.
~Steinerd

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 04:14:05 AM »
A suggestion I made back when Mids was working on this by himself was an "enhancement bank".  It would be basically a tab that opened a list of, say 20, groups of 6 slots, each with a list of enhancements already slotted by the user.

When you want to enhance a power, you click the power, then the bank tab, then the row you want.  It would fill in from left to right, so if you have use four slots instead of 6, you still have a say in which four get used.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 04:41:29 AM »
I recall this! I thought that was an awesome idea then as well, however knowing how Mids' stores the data... the possibility of a 'user-defined' table being created is just very difficult... I more or less understand his reasoning for not going forward with your version of this feature Tog, however... don't be discouraged... some changes are underway to make answers like this a thing of the past.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:50:02 AM by Steiner »
~Steinerd

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:59:37 AM »
Well, at the time, he did say that it was something he had on the list for Mids 2, along with a number of other changes.  I had the impression that it wasn't something that could be forced into the current version.

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 04:14:12 AM »
In the mean time:

The middle mouse button (click mouse wheel on most modern mice; some laptops and a few mice do not have this) will slot the most recent enhancement you've used. For example, slot an Invention: Accuracy in one attack, then middle click the first slot of all your attacks to slot a bunch of accuracies.

However, you can't slot the same set IO twice in the same power. If you use the middle click in the same power after slotting a set IO, the program will add the next IO in the set. While it's not exactly the suggestion you've made (3-4 clicks, depending on the state of the enhancement popup window), it's really useful (at worst 4 clicks to select the first enhancement, and then 5 middle clicks to fill the remainder of a 6-slotted power).

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 12:35:52 PM »
Now I've learned something new. :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 04:05:42 PM »
ditto!
~Steinerd