Author Topic: So... with Going Rogue coming up...  (Read 7858 times)

patteroast

• Minion
  • Rawr
    • Patteroast.net (Detailed CoX character list)
So... with Going Rogue coming up...
« on: July 06, 2010, 02:19:59 PM »
... how should we handle the categories for people who aren't heroes or villains? I'm thinking the easiest thing to do would be: in addition to (for example) the categories Freedom Heroes and Freedom Villains, add categories for Freedom Vigilantes, Freedom Rogues, Freedom Resistance, and Freedom Loyalists. Rinse and repeat for each server. Any character who switches sides can then just change their category.

I think this sounds pretty reasonable, and could be done ahead of time without disrupting current articles, but I thought I'd mention it here before doing it myself.  ;D

Thoughts? (Also, any other categories or changes for when Going Rogue arrives?)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: So... with Going Rogue coming up...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 06:31:01 PM »
I'm thinking the easiest thing to do would be: in addition to (for example) the categories Freedom Heroes and Freedom Villains, add categories for Freedom Vigilantes, Freedom Rogues, Freedom Resistance, and Freedom Loyalists. Rinse and repeat for each server. Any character who switches sides can then just change their category.

That's pretty much what I was thinking, too.

(Also, any other categories or changes for when Going Rogue arrives?)

None that come to me off the top of my head.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 07:26:13 PM »
... Also, any other categories or changes for when Going Rogue arrives?

YEA!!! We're going to rename Paragon Wiki to Praetoria Wiki for one... and give everyone silly titles for no good reason other than our own humor...

IDK, I'm just giddy today :D. Listen to eabrace, not me. :D
~Steinerd

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 12:29:47 AM »
None that come to me off the top of my head.
Well, except maybe for badges.  Those could get kinda messy depending on how things work when you change alignments.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 04:27:02 AM »
Hmm.  Maybe.  On the other hand, it should still only be possible to earn certain badges while playing on the hero side and certain badges while playing on the villain side.  I don't think that's changing.  Regardless of whether you play a vigilante or rogue, I'm pretty sure that there'd still be a distinction there with the caveat perhaps that vigilantes and rogues might be able to access both sides.  Unless that's not true in all cases, in which we'd probably have to create new categories for Vigilante Badges and Rogue Badges and mark any badges that could be earned as vigilante or rogue appropriately.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 05:24:30 AM »
Just curious, what do badges have to do with implementing Going Rogue systems on the Ouro Portal?
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 05:12:42 PM »
Um... nothing... nothing at all.   :-[

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 09:11:48 PM »
Oh yeah. O-portal.  Sometimes I forget to look at which of the wikis we're discussing.  :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

patteroast

• Minion
  • Rawr
    • Patteroast.net (Detailed CoX character list)
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 06:12:11 AM »
Alrighty, I just went ahead and made 'em. Hopefully that'll cover everything for that aspect of character categories when Going Rogue comes out. :)