Author Topic: Graphical Issue  (Read 1967 times)

AndrewMaund

• Underling
Graphical Issue
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:31:54 AM »
Hi there, first time posting on this forum and just want to begin by saying a huge thankyou to the developers, this is a great tool and I've used it for many years building my specs.

I regret having to come here with an issue but I haven't been able to fix it on my own. Basically I have recently been having problems with the display not showing and instead just being black ever since the last patch. This includes the pop up menues, the areas where it lists Power Pool 1- 4 and also the box which displays all the numbers and details for a power in the bottom left corner.

Here is a screenie of what I'm seeing:

Things I've tried doing:
Installing latest version of .Net.
Installing latest graphic card drivers (Nvidia GXT 260 I think it is)
Reinstalling Mids.

These have usually fixed it for a brief period, but then it reverts back to not working again, so I don't understand it. I've tried restarting my computer and opening it as the first programme to see if anything else interferes, no luck. So I have no idea what to do next or why this is happening. Thanks for your time, I hope there is something we can do to fix this. :)

AndrewMaund

• Underling
Re: Graphical Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 06:04:48 PM »
This issue is really aggravating me now. Sometimes it will work fine, and other times it wont. There seems to be no consistancy to it. So confused.  ???

Derek Icelord

• Lieutenant
Re: Graphical Issue
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 03:27:45 PM »
I've had this issue, and everything I've tried points to insufficient resources when loading the program. Do you try and launch this with City of Heroes running? How much RAM do you have? What GFX Card is your system using?
Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?