Author Topic: Mids on Android?? PLEASE??  (Read 7986 times)

Another Fire Kin

• Underling
Mids on Android?? PLEASE??
« on: July 17, 2010, 06:40:35 PM »
 The Android operating system is quickly becoming the powerhouse of the cellphone operating systems available. As a former WoW player I used to utilize several applications for WoW, one of which was a talent calculator similar to that of Mids. I have been playing COX for a good few years and I would LOVE more than anything to have access to a mobile version of Mids on my Droid. I am going to look deeper into this subject but considering I have limited experiance in programming I thought that I would post a suggestion so that if anyone out there loves Mids as much as I and has more experiance programming than I can get a jump start on me and design one.

St0n3y

• Boss
Re: Mids on Android?? PLEASE??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 05:04:15 AM »
I will go ahead and add this to the "Highly unlikely but would be Nice" list.  With that being said, if there were even an attempt at a mobile version, it would go to Windows Mobile first (since my phone is WinMo, lol) then work from there.  But again, Mids' Mobile is HIGHLY unlikely.

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

elbastardo66

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:49:00 PM »
*cough cough* iphone *cough cough*

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:56:13 PM »
I seem to recall that an iPhone app would be even more difficult since you have a whole lot of hoops to jump through in order for Apple to bless your app and make it available for download.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 11:57:42 PM »
is that an acronym?

I think I might know what it stands for... I Pay for Over-priced Nonsense Epically!?

Sorry boss, Apple's put their foot down on what program languages their devices support, not to mention I don't think anyone here wants to delve out more money that we don't have into a senseless application that will even work for maybe 2% of Titan's userbase. If you didn't know, you have to pay apple to become an apple developer, money that we'll never see again.

Also, I don't know the first thing about Objective-C and the 1 person on Titan that does, is completely dumb-founded over it's complexity for accomplishing simple tasks. (if memory serves).

It's been a bit of a pipe-dream of ours to put some of out sites and services on a smartphone platform. So this might be some food for thought... There are strides being made to make some of the Titan sites usable through a touch-screen phone via CSS and javascript... so those who have smartphones with javascript enabled browsers might be able to enjoy Titan "On The Go" in the not so distant future. 
~Steinerd

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 12:26:34 AM »
*chokes on dust*

Ahem, ok...so Now that I have multiple android devices (amongst other things), I'd love to see how far things have (not?) gotten on this. I've read the little bit here on programming, but has anyone considered some sort of code wrapper that might handle a (possibly) simply migration of the app? I haven't programmed since C++/Object coding became a thing, so I'm a tad out of touch personally.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com