Author Topic: Uploading graphics  (Read 8033 times)

taosin

• Boss
Uploading graphics
« on: July 19, 2010, 01:18:46 AM »
I'd like to upload a couple of graphics (i.e. Contact jpeg for Senator Aquila; a set of demons before and after upgrades for the demon summoning page). However, when I try I get "Internal error: The upload directory (public) is not writable by the webserver. "

Is it possible to upload images, or should they be hosted elsewhere? (Or am I missing something?)

-- chris

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
Re: Uploading graphics
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 01:33:04 AM »
I just tried uploading a sample image and got the same error message.  Looking through the recent changes, It appears no one has uploaded anything since July 10th. I wonder if the work TonyV was doing under the hood earlier this week might have been left in an unfinished state?

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 04:12:26 AM »
Probably.  I'll take a quick look at it now, and if it's not something simple, I'll take a more prolonged look at it tomorrow.

Edit:  About five seconds after I hit Save on this message, Nicster pinged me and said that the owner of the images directory was hosed up and he had fixed it.  Well, that would do it.  Let me know if you have any more trouble.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 04:20:46 AM by TonyV »

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 04:18:35 AM »
fix't

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 02:30:30 AM »
This problem has come back.  I'm getting the "The upload directory (public) is not writable by the webserver" error again.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 04:03:02 AM »
give it another try. for whatever reason, the wiki's file permissions were changed again.  Not sure why O.o

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 04:28:29 AM »
It is at times like this that I take great comfort in the ability to say, "Wasn't me."  :D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 06:34:32 PM »
Sounds like a cronjob is being run to lock that up...
~Steinerd