Author Topic: Old forums retiring  (Read 2327 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Old forums retiring
« on: August 10, 2010, 01:44:53 PM »
Hey all,

As some of you know, before we joined the Titan Network, the Paragon Wiki used to maintain its own independent set of forums.  A little over a year ago now (wow, has it been that long!!?), we made the decision to use the Titan Network's forums instead of maintaining our own.  Personally, I think that was an awesomoso decision, as it cut down on the number of things that could break and the number of things we have to update, as well as providing a single place where you could browse thread for all of the Titan Network.

Anyway, the domain name that we used to use, ParagonForums.com, is set to expire in October.  I just wanted to post a quick note to say that I don't intend to renew it.  The old forums, complete in their locked glory, will remain available at the url oldforums.paragonwiki.com, if you need to dig up an ancient thread.  In a few days (or maybe this weekend, since I tend to stay quite busy), I'll change the forum pages to be a redirect to the correct URL with a "change your bookmarks" message in case anyone is still using the old URL.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Old forums retiring
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:40:41 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Tony.  I still go through the old threads over there for reference once in a while, so that's good to know.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
Re: Old forums retiring
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 09:39:25 PM »
... Paragonwiki had its own forums?

>.>
<.<