Author Topic: Mids' Hero/Villain Designer for I18  (Read 11086 times)

St0n3y

• Boss
Mids' Hero/Villain Designer for I18
« on: August 16, 2010, 05:26:05 AM »

I'm a sexy pork chop!!!!

freakinger

• Underling
Re: Mids' Hero/Villain Designer for I18
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:28:59 AM »
Sorry to hear that another member is stepping down, i hope all of you find your way.

Thanks for this release of Mids, you have done a damn good job on that, and of course all the other stuff you did for the community.

see ya

dfx

My color is black to the blind, but blue and gold are seen of the seeing.

Fear not at all;
fear neither men nor fates,
nor gods, nor anything. Money fear not, nor laughter of the folk folly, nor any other power in heaven or upon the earth or under the earth. [/url]

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:37:17 AM »
Yeah, sorry to see you go.  you guys have really done a service to this game by standing by this application.  Get real life taken care of though.  That comes first.

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 01:30:01 PM »
Thanks for all your efforts St0n3y :)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 01:51:19 PM »
Take care St0n3y, thanks for helping keeping MIDS alive.

Gibbering

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 06:56:50 PM »
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:23:33 PM by Gibbering »

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 07:18:51 PM »
Looks like the database thing is related to the update button.  When it tells you at the start that it's best to turn on the uto-update, don't.  Then never touch the button, ever.

And Conductive Aura doesn't have an end cost.  No, really.  If ever there was a no-brainer power...

Gibbering

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 07:39:17 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up on Conductive Aura.

The update thing, though, has me stumped. Even when I set auto-updates to Off, even when I remove the URL to check for updates, as soon as I quit and restart Mids' it not only replaces the Issue 18 file with the Issue 17 version, it also turns auto-update back on and even helpfully fills in the removed URL. Handy!
  ???

EDIT: tried filling in a different URL as well as launching Mids directly instead of using the shortcut to the loader. No joy. :-[

EDIT2: Solved! I had an old version of Mids' still installed. Removing ALL previous versions and installing the new one worked!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:46:28 PM by Gibbering »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 07:55:15 PM »
If I understood the way it was explained to me correctly, the date on the I17 database was formatted incorrectly when it was put up for downloading.  As such, when the program checks the date on the database it currently has loaded, it appears to be older than the I17 database and it downloads and applies the I17 database.

Something like that anyway.

Now, as for why auto-update is automatically being reset, I have no idea.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

JakHammer

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 12:20:41 AM »
GIANT Thanks in huge heaping hunks for all the amazing work on this invaluable tool!

Jak

Fallen Angel Eyes

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 11:44:01 AM »
:( I'm sorry to see you go, St0n3y. Thanks for all the hard work you've put in on Mid's. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Seraphael

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 12:11:44 PM »
Too bad to see you go. You've been a credit to the CoH community.  :-\

PS. Force of Nature in the Blaster Forces Mastery is bugged in the last version. It's only enhancable by AoE damage and knockback IO sets. Regular IOs and SOs are correct though.

Gibbering

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 07:45:25 PM »
I figured out what was tripping me up with the update thing. Yes, having Mids' Issue 18 set to receive updates will mess things up...but I was getting a legacy data file even with updates disabled. Turns out I had a legacy version of Mids' hanging around (the version that didn't include the Titan Network folder in its file path). Once I removed ALL versions of Mids' and reinstalled Issue 18, everything worked fine.

Oh, the PvP damage for Electricity Control is wildly wrong ;)

Thanks for a great tool!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:59:15 PM by Gibbering »

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 04:18:52 AM »
Force of Nature in the Blaster Forces Mastery is bugged in the last version. It's only enhancable by AoE damage and knockback IO sets. Regular IOs and SOs are correct though.
This is not a bug with Mids', this is a bug in the game. Mids' strives to replicate what's possible in the real game, not what "ought" to be true. See this thread on the official boards. Castle has added it to his list of bugs.

macskull

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 09:55:32 PM »
* When PvP mode is toggled on, Corruptor powers are giving the same damage as Defender powers (except the APP/PPP powers, where the Corruptor damage scale is higher, as it should be). Not sure if this is specific to Corruptors or if damage numbers are messed up across the board.

* The damage buff from Vigilance isn't showing up properly in the damage calculations for each power (i.e. a power does 66 damage with Vigilance enabled but still does 66 damage when I turn the click for Vigilance off), nor does it show up in the "view totals" window.

Molecularwc

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 12:02:19 AM »
I just noticed that with the Epic Pool Field Mastery for MM's, Temp Invuln is only accepting Defensive IO sets when it should be resistance IO sets.
US server- Virtue, Global- @Molecular
Founder- Anarchists For Freedom

EU Server- Defiant, Global- @tanuk
Proud member of Honorable United

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 02:23:40 AM »
As of that Mids' release, the power was, in fact, only accepting defense sets in CoX itself.

kingleo07

• Underling
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 07:20:30 AM »
I've been away from the game for a while now and I didnt even have mid's on my puter. I tried to install but every time i do it says "Error opening file for writing" I had mids on this puter b4 pre issue 17 and had no problem running it at all. Is there a simple fix for this I'm just missing?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »
If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7:  The first thing that's usually suggested when an error is encountered during installation that sounds like it might be permissions-related is to be sure you're running the installation app as an admin.  That fixes most issues, but I can't say for certain if that's the case here.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov