Author Topic: Introducing the Mentor Project  (Read 4904 times)

Stalemate

• Underling
    • Mentor Project
Introducing the Mentor Project
« on: August 20, 2010, 05:11:50 PM »
Hello heroes and villains!

At GuyPerfect's suggestion, I've contacted TonyV (and will soon be pestering Eabrace) about establishing a closer collaboration between Paragon Wiki and the http://tinyurl.com/citymentorproject (link to CoH boards thread).

I'm looking forward to whatever collaboration occurs in the future, and appreciate dearly all the work and effort you're doing here. The information provided by Paragon Wiki (and the other game-related tools/sites of the Titan Network) is a constant "go to" source for the mentors, and we point our new players to it daily.

Thanks.  ;)

Laughing in the face of debt

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Introducing the Mentor Project
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 06:23:43 PM »
(and will soon be pestering Eabrace)

Pester away.   :D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Stalemate

• Underling
    • Mentor Project
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 07:47:38 PM »

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »
WooHOO!!!!1 :D

Stalemate

• Underling
    • Mentor Project
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 07:12:23 PM »
If I may be so bold...

If any of you fine folks from Paragon Wiki and the Titan Network want to join the Mentor Project, please feel 100% welcome to do so.

This way, as GuyPerfect and Eabrace already can, you can not only field questions directly whenever the fancy strikes you and you have the inclination to do so - no pressure and no requirements exist upon mentors - but you can also correct any gross misinformations, such as someone recommending the *cough* wikia website *cough*. ;)

http://tinyurl.com/citymentorproject will give you the information and links to register officially, or if you just want to hang out in the channel and see how things are going, use /chanjoin "N P C" while ingame.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 09:01:37 PM »
you can also correct any gross misinformations, such as someone recommending the *cough* wikia website *cough*. ;)

I think I just felt a chill go up my spine...  :gonk:
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 03:20:20 AM »
This Mentor Project idea looks really cool. I've joined the N P C channel in-game and will keep an eye on it!
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer
Proud Member of Legion of Valor and Fallen Legion

Sir Giles

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 05:00:07 AM »
I have also joined the Global Chat channel.  It looks very interesting, and I do enjoy helping out others.

@Sir Giles (Infinity)
Sir Giles

Stalemate

• Underling
    • Mentor Project
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 04:23:49 PM »
That's great.

During my interview with Off The Cape (Justice), I hinted that vet players could consider this their very own alternate endgame content even. ;)

And if you're interested in having your name show up in blue (moderator), and receive the occasional status update, it only requires registration here on the "Join" page.

Stalemate

• Underling
    • Mentor Project
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 01:55:25 PM »
Just wanted to add a hearty "official registered mentor" welcome to Sir Giles.  8)

Also, Eabrace and I are working out some of the details in regards to the collaboration between Mentor Project and Paragon Wiki.

Only a matter of days now before we can make it all official and stuff.  :D

Sir Giles

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 03:21:37 PM »
Thanks,

I'm glad I can help.  I'm around a lot and hope that I help a new person to this awesome game, enjoy it a little more.  I also want you to know, although I love the Titan Network, and use a good deal of their services a lot, I'm not one of the official people.  I help edit the wiki from time to time, on very very small things.

See you in the game.

Sir Giles
Sir Giles

Stalemate

• Underling
    • Mentor Project
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 03:29:40 PM »
... I also want you to know, although I love the Titan Network, and use a good deal of their services a lot, I'm not one of the official people.  I help edit the wiki from time to time, on very very small things...

Well, that's what I'm hoping to be, so I can't fault you for that. :p

Sir Giles

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 06:25:53 PM »
Alright,
I had some graphics os problems for a bit, but the techs took care of it, so I can actually get back on the game.   I'll see you there

@Sir Giles
Sir Giles

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 02:20:41 PM »
So, I'm about as artistic as a two-by-four, but I was wondering.  Does someone want to take a stab at maybe designing a logo for Eabrace's Player's Guide?  If so, I'm thinking we can put it over on the right above the "Welcome to the Paragon Wiki!" section.  I'm thinking of something maybe around 400x80 or so, maybe?

Stalemate

• Underling
    • Mentor Project
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 03:02:25 PM »
So, I'm about as artistic as a two-by-four, but I was wondering.  Does someone want to take a stab at maybe designing a logo for Eabrace's Player's Guide?  If so, I'm thinking we can put it over on the right above the "Welcome to the Paragon Wiki!" section.  I'm thinking of something maybe around 400x80 or so, maybe?

I'd be up for that, if there's no set deadline.

Was there any particular style you were looking for?

Stalemate

• Underling
    • Mentor Project
It's official!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 02:02:26 AM »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 04:08:12 PM by Stalemate »