Author Topic: Praetorians being registered as Villans  (Read 3133 times)

dduttonnc

• Underling
Praetorians being registered as Villans
« on: August 22, 2010, 08:49:57 PM »
The site is registering Praetorians as Villians and does not recognize any P-badges

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Praetorians being registered as Villans
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:56:30 PM »
We're working on it, but it's going to take some time.

Badges
We're working at the moment to try to at least get the new badges added in so that everyone can resume recording their badge progress.

Alignment
I'm not sure if Herostats actually detects and reports alignment yet.  Up to this point your alignment (hero/villain) has been determined based on your AT.  That logic can't be updated until the engine for Herostats can detect your alignment (it might already, but ineffablebob should be able to tell us if it has that capability yet).  Once that's set, we can update Glycerine (which depends on the Herostats engine) and the CIT backend to properly retrieve and record that data.

Until we get all of that out of the way, all characters with Hero ATs (Blaster, Controller, Defender, Scrapper, Tanker) will show as Heroes and all characters with Villain ATs (Brute, Corruptor, Dominator, Mastermind, Stalker) will show as Villains.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 11:09:25 PM »
Alignment
I'm not sure if Herostats actually detects and reports alignment yet.  Up to this point your alignment (hero/villain) has been determined based on your AT.  That logic can't be updated until the engine for Herostats can detect your alignment (it might already, but ineffablebob should be able to tell us if it has that capability yet).  Once that's set, we can update Glycerine (which depends on the Herostats engine) and the CIT backend to properly retrieve and record that data.
Nope, I haven't been able to figure out alignment yet. I'm not sure I ever will, to be honest. It's kinda like badges - very obvious in the user interface, darn near impossible to find in the client memory without knowing what to look for. But I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, it really would be best if we'd just categorize toons by AT/Origin and not show alignment at all, but leaving hero/villain as they are is probably the next best thing.
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer
Proud Member of Legion of Valor and Fallen Legion

El Furioso

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 06:41:56 PM »
If it's looking like HeroStats won't be able to detect current alignment, how about just adding an Alignment selection with the Character Edit screen -- let the player select whether they're a Hero, Vigilante, Rogue, or Villain. Then I guess CIT would have to allow gathering of red-side/blue-side badges based on that player selection.

I ran into a prime example of this issue last night. I have a Praetorian Mastermind that, at level 20, went blue-side and became a Hero. She's never been a villain, but CIT sees her as one. So I run a Synapse TF with her last night, and while she got the "Synapse's Cohort" badge, CIT won't grant it since it thinks she can only earn the "Synapse's Betrayer" (or whatever it's called) badge. It doesn't even offer me the option to manually add the blue-side one.

Maybe the "alignment" logic would be best served residing in the player's/CIT's hands, rather than HeroStats? :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 08:09:34 PM »
If it's looking like HeroStats won't be able to detect current alignment

That's correct.  That's one of the things that got us started developing the Sentinel tracker.

how about just adding an Alignment selection with the Character Edit screen -- let the player select whether they're a Hero, Vigilante, Rogue, or Villain. Then I guess CIT would have to allow gathering of red-side/blue-side badges based on that player selection.

There are a lot of changes to CIT in the works at the moment.  Now that our developer for CIT is back from vacation (WOO!) all I can really say is we should see those changes relatively soon.  I don't recall if manually editing alignment was one of those changes, so I don't want to make any promises.  But that might be something you can do when the changes go live.

I ran into a prime example of this issue last night. I have a Praetorian Mastermind that, at level 20, went blue-side and became a Hero. She's never been a villain, but CIT sees her as one. So I run a Synapse TF with her last night, and while she got the "Synapse's Cohort" badge, CIT won't grant it since it thinks she can only earn the "Synapse's Betrayer" (or whatever it's called) badge. It doesn't even offer me the option to manually add the blue-side one.

Actually, there is only one badge for Synapse's TF.  If you switch sides now, you'll see that the name of "Synapse's Cohort" changes to "Synapse's Betrayer".  It's the same badge, but the game looks at the ID it uses to track the badges and decides which title to show based on your current alignment.

If you're tracking badges with HeroStats, CIT might not be able to pick it up.  It does pick it up with Sentinel, though.

Maybe the "alignment" logic would be best served residing in the player's/CIT's hands, rather than HeroStats? :)

As I said above, changes are coming.  :)

But I also want to stress this point:  HeroStats is moving away from reporting character info for tracking and moving back to being primarily a statistical analysis tool.  More info here.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

El Furioso

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 09:18:24 PM »
Thanks for the informative reply, eabrace -- much obliged. :) I pulled down Sentinel this morning, and sure enough, it did pick up that Synapse badge for my Hero MM. Of course, it still shows as "Betrayer" rather than "Cohort", but we know that's soon to be fixed.

Sentinel looks like it's off to a great start -- the instant badge tracking via the Info Panel is some smart work. :)

And thanks for the HeroStats insight. Since they're definitely sunsetting their CIT badge tracking, it looks like I'll be running two utility apps during my CoX sessions.