Author Topic: Praetoria Contact Small Images  (Read 2203 times)

PantheraDragon

• Underling
Praetoria Contact Small Images
« on: August 26, 2010, 12:16:24 PM »
Hullo all, btw!  (Is my first post on here....And I need to pull a more recent screenie of Panthera for my profile apparently.)

So, I was looking through the recently uploaded file thingy, and noticed I'd uploaded some duplicates of "Small Praetorian Contact" images.  I've formatted mine to be exactly 128 px by 128 px, and have decided to format them to smaller file sizes.  (Like 15kb instead of 20-30 kb.)  Is there a way to delete my previously uploaded stuffs, which are named incorrectly (Res_Contact_Name.jpg or Loy_Contact_Name.jpg depending on the faction), as well as edit the comments so they display under this category? ;D

I also made the error of "Uploading a New Version" of Vagabond's image file, which now seems to have an unnecessary duplicate.  D:  Is messy, but I am learning!

One final thing for discussion (after mah noobish pleas for halp and such), is what ppls would think if we made a page that is a flow chart of these Praetoria contacts, rather like Red Tomax's contact guide for CoV.  I've made one in Word (which is what I was originally gathering the contact portraits for), but it would be a super awesome thing for the Wiki itself.  :)

And with that pearl of wisdom, Ima go to bed.  Check back with ya laters!

taosin

• Boss
Re: Praetoria Contact Small Images
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 08:29:56 AM »
To categorise an image, I think you (1) display the wiki page for the image and (2) click the Edit tab at the top of the page and enter the category.

I believe (but am not 100% sure) the categories for the small 128 x 128 px contact images are:
[[Category:Small Villain Contact Images]]
[[Category:Small Praetorian Contact Images]]
[[Category:Small Hero Contact Images]]

Hmmm, and I'll go through the pages I've added and categorise the images I uploaded ;>

I think (but am not sure!) that the comment field uses text added when the image was first uploaded.

I've also been putting up a lot of Small Contact images for the new content;  most of them used for briefings in mission content -- {{Mission Briefing|Contact=|Text= ...}}. I've had one or two duplicates noted (where NPCs with different names look the same), but have uploaded them anyway so the briefing pulls the correct image with correct subtitle.

(I've also been using the Mission Briefing template for things like the highly amusing dialogue when a magic-user interacts with "Lots of High Explosives", for example)

Mine also are 128 x 128 px (which I assumed was the default size) and come in at around 10kB or less as JPEG images with medium compression.

Cheers -- Taosin (Sydney, Australia)

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 12:05:11 PM »
I think (but am not sure!) that the comment field uses text added when the image was first uploaded.

This is correct: the text you put in "Summary" shows up under comment. However, it also becomes the text for the article during the first upload, so many people put the category in Summary when uploading to immediately categorize it. :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 01:19:21 PM »
Man, I thought I'd left a reply here a few days ago.  Must have forgotten to hit "Post".

/e kicks self

Thanks, Taosin.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov