Author Topic: Trouble logging into Paragon Wiki  (Read 7274 times)

MyriadSilvre

• Underling
Trouble logging into Paragon Wiki
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:24:08 AM »
[Unsure if this is the best place to post this; sorry in advance]

I have a Titan Key and use City Info Tracker fairly often, and am on Paragon Wiki daily. However, when I've tried to log into the wiki to add info (example: more in-depth directions for a badge) I cannot log in.

Since the log in screen says to come to the forums if we have a problem, I did so. Thanks for your help :)

**And no, I didn't look through to see if others had this issue; I'll scan through that now**

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Trouble logging into Paragon Wiki
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 01:23:17 PM »
Are you getting any error messages?  In what specific way is it failing?

MyriadSilvre

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 02:47:19 PM »
When I log in with my Titan network username and password, I get:

Login error
Incorrect password entered. Please try again.

Even though I know my password is typed in the same way it is with other Titan networks, I've tried variants of it [all caps, camelcase] just to check.

That's all the info I have :S

[edited to add] I've even logged out of and re-logged in to the Titan Network, then clicked on Paragon Wiki from the Titan Network front page. Still not logged in.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 02:49:55 PM »
I see two accounts with similar names registered.

* AnaBrie (Created on 22 May 2010 at 22:09)
* Anabrie (Created on 22 July 2010 at 12:00)

Which one are you trying to log in with?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

MyriadSilvre

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 02:50:38 PM »
Hmm, weird. AnaBrie, with a capital B.

Also, I checked using AnaBrie and Anabrie to log into City Info Tracker, and both were accepted and took me to my account.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 05:52:49 PM »
I believe that while Paragon Wiki is caps specific (making AnaBrie different from Anabrie), the rest of the Titan Network's login interfaces aren't.  I know the forums just let me log in by typing my user id in all caps, so this area definitely isn't.

I'm guessing that at some point (July 22) you logged into the Wiki by typing either "Anabrie" or "anabrie" (the wiki automatically capitalizes the first letter of the ID just like it does for articles - inherent in the MediaWiki software to the best of my knowledge) and inadvertently created a second account over there.

Have you tried both user IDs?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

MyriadSilvre

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 04:40:49 AM »
Just tried them, as well as the other usernames I use throughout the internet, with my two main passwords on all. Nadda.

Thanks for the help all; even if this situation can't be righted, I do appreciate the timely feedback :)

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 01:42:47 AM »
Hi AnaBrie. I just merged the two accounts together, then moved them out of the way to a temporary account named "AnaBrie temporary". (The wiki won't let me just flat out delete it, so this is the best alternative.) This should remove any memory from the wiki about your account, which means when you log in, it should hopefully create a new user record for you and let you log in. So could you please try logging in again (as "AnaBrie")?

My best guess is that somewhere along the way, something got corrupted in the database record somehow. I'm hoping that recreating lets it work again. Once you are able to log in, I can then merge the "AnaBrie temporary" account into your new account so that it goes away.