Author Topic: Should T.E.S.T. have their own page?  (Read 3046 times)

taosin

• Boss
Should T.E.S.T. have their own page?
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:07:01 AM »
I've collected info on the T.E.S.T. enemy types. These are listed as "T.E.S.T." ingame, as opposed to the "Praetorian Police". However, the Praetorian Police page (http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Praetorian_Police_Department#Background) indicates T.E.S.T. are a subsection of the PPD.

Does T.E.S.T. get its own page?

Here's the info I have on T.E.S.T. types so far:

T.E.S.T. Ranger

T.E.S.T. - Minion

The final physical challenge that a member of the PPD goes through in order to be admitted into the Tactical Engagement Strike Team is speculated about in hushed whispers all over Praetoria. Those who succeed won't speak of it and those who fail don't survive the experience.

T.E.S.T. Leader

T.E.S.T. - Lieutenant

Tactical Engagement Strike Team Leaders are always selected from within the ranks. They are trained to take down lawbreakers hard and fast with no concern for secondary objectives like avoiding collateral damage.

T.E.S.T. Provost

T.E.S.T. - Lieutenant

Anything that pulls a PPD Provost out of their Monitor Sphere information nexus has to be considered a severe threat. In order to insure their safety, Provosts don the state of the art in PPD protective gear to restore order in the most extreme cases of lawbreaking.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Should T.E.S.T. have their own page?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:32:36 AM »
I really need to get all this badging out of the way and get over to Praetoria...

When you target a T.E.S.T NPC, is the word "T.E.S.T." displayed under their name, or does it say "PPD" (or "Praetorian Police" or whatever it usually says)?

If it says T.E.S.T., then the group should get its own page.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 01:03:22 PM »
It says: T.E.S.T. as if it were a completely different faction.

taosin

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 01:09:16 PM »
It says: T.E.S.T. as if it were a completely different faction.

Yes indeedy; why I was asking :>

On a kind of-related issue, there's the Clockwork faction (as seen in the streets and in many missions); and also "Neuron's Clockwork" as a separate faction; "Resistance Clockwork" -- and even "Anti-Matter's Clockwork" in one mission... more decisions for you fine folk!

taosin

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 10:55:20 PM »
I've added a T.E.S.T. page; it's rather brief as there are only three types of T.E.S.T. NPCs that I've encountered.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/T.E.S.T.

Edit:  Just fixing the link.  Not your fault, the board software just misinterpreted it. - eabrace
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 01:25:18 AM by eabrace »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 01:40:42 AM »
Looks like a good start.

I'm pretty sure (call it a little more than an educated guess) that the Ranger, Leader, and Provost are it for that group - unless there's a named EB or AV that wasn't obvious to me.

Anyway, I went ahead and filled in the powers for each of those entities.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

taosin

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 03:26:21 AM »
Looks like a good start.

I'm pretty sure (call it a little more than an educated guess) that the Ranger, Leader, and Provost are it for that group - unless there's a named EB or AV that wasn't obvious to me.

Anyway, I went ahead and filled in the powers for each of those entities.

Groovy! I haven't run into an EB or named boss yet, although I'll go back and check some of the missions for named NPCs (I've put up fairly thorough content on most of the resistance contacts and arcs, so far)

And yes, that's it. Interesting to note that in general (in my opinion) Praetorian factions are much smaller and more contained than Hero and Villain factions.

taosin

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 10:49:50 AM »
Well this sucks....

I'm playing Dark Watcher's Praetorian missions, and the second one has "TEST Provost" as the boss with "Praetorian Police" faction. First time I have encountered a TEST Provost not of the T.E.S.T. faction.

Same description as for the T.E.S.T. Provost /T.E.S.T. faction