Author Topic: Issue 19 Fitness Pool  (Read 5486 times)

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
Issue 19 Fitness Pool
« on: September 08, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »
For those not aware of this, Fitness will become in Inherent pool for all, available via respec.  This means you will get Swiftness, Hurdle, Health, and Stamina at level 2, in addition to your regular power selection.  All can be slotted up to a total of 6 slots, just as now.

So, here's the question for the Mids team.  Given the issues with Kheld inherents taking out Ninja Run, what is adding 4 more to the list going to break?  Is this going to be a big problem?  Is a restructure even possible the way the program is now?

Finally, would it be possible to saw the top of the database and go after it's brain with a stick to change Sprint, Brawl and Rest, to Swift+Sprint, Health, and Stamina as a workaround?  I know some people might slot brawl or sprint, so that may cause some issues, but If were to do that with my own copy, would it break anything?

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
Re: Issue 19 Fitness Pool
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 01:04:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure we could add a scroll bar in the worst-case scenario.  ;)

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 04:30:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure we could add a scroll bar in the worst-case scenario.  ;)

The scroll bar is the best solution, since it will allow for any number of extra inherents to be added.

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »
Ahh, cool.  I thought the issue wasn't one of space, but an actual hard limit on the number of powers that could flagged as inherent.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 06:39:28 PM »
Nah, currently it's just a limit on the number of powers you can display in that area.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Capa Devans

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 11:37:52 AM »
Early to ask I know, but will Mids for i19 enable users to have inherent Fitness AND have the option to choose it as a pool power? (IE will you leave the Pools as they are?)

My concerns are:
1) Being able to load existing builds into i19 Mids and it showing the correct info
2) Some characters won't get respec'd (at least not quickly) and if the pools option disappears, running two lots of Mids (one pre i19 and one post i19) will be needed (unless the program pulls the Pool into the inherent section?) plus depending on what other changes are made, some of the info is going to be wrong

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 06:51:42 PM »
That's a very good question. We may have to leave it as a pool option in addition to the Inherent powers and just make them mutually exclusive. We'll have to think about how best to implement it, but we can't decide on that until we see how the final product looks on I19.

Energy Aura

• Boss
  • Mids' "Data Entry Drone"
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 08:09:04 PM »
I already have a test bed up and running...Works fine, now all I need is for the rest of the Mid's team to get up with me so we can start looking at other changes...

Cheers...

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 08:51:33 PM »
I already have a test bed up and running...Works fine, now all I need is for the rest of the Mid's team to get up with me so we can start looking at other changes...

Cheers...

Which I should do now; I've been making a slew of big fixes to Mids.