Author Topic: Need badges verified  (Read 12066 times)

Bloodletter

• Minion
Need badges verified
« on: September 28, 2010, 05:06:20 PM »
I've been trying to get 4 badges verified using the click-method and the settitle bind, but with no luck.

I think it is important to note that I am a villian AT switched over to heroside, and the badges in question are all male/female counterparts:

Newsman
King of the Zig
Man of Vengeance
Mystic King

Thanks!

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Need badges verified
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 07:54:05 PM »
Bloodletter, can you please capture Screenshots of your Character with these Badges highlighted and email them to me at Tazhyngarth@cohtitan.com  It is preferred that you use the Character Info screen from the in-game Menu, as it will display the Character Name and Server along with allowing you to hover over the Badges in question so their name and alignment can be seen.

Once I get that from you I can Verify them.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 08:06:06 PM »
I noticed a few weeks ago that none of the gender-specific badges seem to be verifying correctly, but I've been waiting to say anything until all of the badges are at least in the database.  :)

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Bloodletter

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 01:32:21 PM »
Bloodletter, can you please capture Screenshots of your Character with these Badges highlighted and email them to me at Tazhyngarth@cohtitan.com  It is preferred that you use the Character Info screen from the in-game Menu, as it will display the Character Name and Server along with allowing you to hover over the Badges in question so their name and alignment can be seen.

I can certainly do that, Taz.  I'm up to 9+ badges, so I'm going to pick through my info and the CIT badge list and send you a complete list and screenshots.

Thanks again!

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 01:53:25 PM »
Cool!  Sorry about the massive amount of non-verified Badges you've got.  This whole GR Alignment switching has done a number on us >_<.  Would've been easier and probably all good by now if we still had every member of our team, but bad timing and all that... :P.

Bloodletter

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 03:13:33 PM »
Cool!  Sorry about the massive amount of non-verified Badges you've got.  This whole GR Alignment switching has done a number on us >_<.  Would've been easier and probably all good by now if we still had every member of our team, but bad timing and all that... :P.

Totally understand.  Just coming back to the game. . .so all of this is kinda new and frightening. . .lol.

If you'd like any help, send me a PM about it.  I might have skills that could be helpful.

Darkojin

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 02:04:33 AM »
If I have a similar issue, how should I go about getting badges verified? Pretty much the exact badges the OP lists, and same situation, on a Widow hopped to blue side.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 02:10:51 AM »
Do the same thing requested of the OP.

[Darkojin], can you please capture Screenshots of your Character with these Badges highlighted and email them to me at Tazhyngarth@cohtitan.com  It is preferred that you use the Character Info screen from the in-game Menu, as it will display the Character Name and Server along with allowing you to hover over the Badges in question so their name and alignment can be seen.

Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Darkojin

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 03:04:27 AM »
Will do, but after double checking my profile, my Arsenic Widow character is missing 24 badges, not 4. Profile says 451 badges, in game says 475.  :(

Bloodletter

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 03:20:27 PM »
Will do, but after double checking my profile, my Arsenic Widow character is missing 24 badges, not 4. Profile says 451 badges, in game says 475.  :(

Yeah, I'm up to 752 and despite my best efforts, CIT is only showing 738. . .I even discovered some confirmed on CIT that I don't even have. . .and some that I have in-game that aren't even listed on CIT.  Not to mention all the 're-named' badges due to switching sides.  What a mess.

At this point, I think I'm just going to use CIT as an source of information about badges instead of tracking.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »
Darkojin and Bloodletter, I'll be going over your emails today and doing what I can.  I am going to refer you both (and all others suffering from this issue) to THIS THREAD.  Here eabrace sums up what recent testing has shown us of Badges that are still giving us grief.  I may not be able to Verify the Badges listed there, but will attempt it based on what's been included in the emails.

This will take a bit of time to work through, but I'll keep in touch with you both via the email and here when it's completed :).

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 05:12:53 PM »
Alrighty, you two are Verified based on what you sent me.  When next you both get online, please just make sure that your in-game List matches your CIT List.  I don't want to have missed one or Verified one and for some reason it didn't stick.

Bloodletter, I know you are still missing 3, when you find them send them my way and I'll take care of it.

Merlote

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 04:32:02 AM »
I have a similar problem in that my badges aren't verifying correctly.  I'm a hero switched over to a villian, and I have 27 badges that aren't showing up on City Info.  Some of them are badges that I got when I was a hero, so I'm a little confused why they aren't showing up now.  Any assist would be great.  Oh, and I re-ran the set title bind before I wrote this, and they still aren't showing. 

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 05:21:43 AM »
I have a similar problem in that my badges aren't verifying correctly.  I'm a hero switched over to a villian, and I have 27 badges that aren't showing up on City Info.  Some of them are badges that I got when I was a hero, so I'm a little confused why they aren't showing up now.  Any assist would be great.  Oh, and I re-ran the set title bind before I wrote this, and they still aren't showing. 
Do the same thing requested of the OP.

[Merlote], can you please capture Screenshots of your Character with these Badges highlighted and email them to me at Tazhyngarth@cohtitan.com  It is preferred that you use the Character Info screen from the in-game Menu, as it will display the Character Name and Server along with allowing you to hover over the Badges in question so their name and alignment can be seen.

Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 07:53:15 AM »
Oh, and I re-ran the set title bind before I wrote this, and they still aren't showing.

Just a note on the settitle files:  The settitle binds are very heavily dependent on having the correct settitle values in the badge database.  Those often change from Issue to Issue, and we haven't yet updated them for Issue 18.  Odds are, some of the badges you're having trouble verifying have settitle numbers that changed in I18.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 07:22:23 PM »
A bunch of the new alternate  badges are not on the site such as positrons betrayer or founders invader. Any badge that has an alternate title based on your alignment isn't being verified and some of them can't even be manually added using the manage badges section since they still need to be added to the website.

As I understand it, the folks that normally work on this are away or busy with real life issues based on comments that were posted in my thread recently.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 07:27:59 PM »
Positrons Betrayer already exists - http://cit.cohtitan.com/badgedetail/30, as does Founders' Invader - http://cit.cohtitan.com/badgedetail/518

Both Badges have been updated to read from Hero and Villain Alignments, however to manually add them, you need to look at the Badge Name pertaining to the alignment you started with.  All Badges should now be in our system, but we are still working on the automatic verification part of it all.

You are correct, we had staffing changes and some RL "interference" but as far as I know, all the new Badges are in our system and we've updated all existing Badges to reflect that they can now be earned on both sides, as well as the Requirements for said Badges being updated for the same thing.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 08:00:41 PM »
This is a slightly different issue from badges missing in the database.  As Taz mentioned, if you look at the Accomplishment Badge Listing, you'll find that the alternate names for the badges are in the database.

The problem here is the backend logic that determines whether or not the badge that was just reported for your character was legitimate.  Since none of the trackers have ever needed to track and report changes in alignment up to this point, the backend logic very simply assumes that if you are a Blaster/Controller/Defender/Scrapper/Peacebringer/Tanker/Warshade you are obviously a Hero.  And Heroes reporting a badge with a Villain name (i.e. Positron's Betrayer) don't make sense to its logic.

On the other hand, the backend logic automatically assumes that a Arachnos Soldier/Arachnos Widow/Brute/Corruptor/Dominator/Mastermind/Stalker is obviously a Villain.  And Villains reporting a badge with a Hero name (i.e. Positron's Ally) don't make sense to its logic.

Any AT that is traditionally a Villain AT reporting Positron's Betrayer will verify with no issues.  Any AT that is traditionally a Hero AT reporting Positron's Ally will verify with no issues.  Until we can get the backend logic updated, there are going to be issues with ATs that are not sporting their traditional alignments verifying badges with names that change along with alignment.

This is also going to require tracking alignment.  And that's going to take some updates to tracking programs.  (Though, if all goes well, other changes we're looking at in that area should make the whole alignment point moot.)

Updating the database was the easy part.  There's still plenty of work to be done.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin