Author Topic: Mids' Hero Designer v1.810  (Read 12349 times)

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Mids' Hero Designer v1.810
« on: October 02, 2010, 10:24:30 PM »
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 05:43:59 PM by Diellan »

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
Re: Mids' Hero Designer v1.810
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 10:29:11 PM »
Hm... Need this to replace the existing sticky...

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 11:26:56 PM »
Thanks for the update :)

patteroast

• Minion
  • Rawr
    • Patteroast.net (Detailed CoX character list)
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 02:56:21 AM »
You guys rock! ;D Thanks for all the hard work. Worth the wait. :)

Nitra

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »
Sweet, glad to see you guys taking the reins, it's well appreciated  ;D
It's better to save the mystery, then surrender to the secret...

Arc-Mage

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 07:18:45 PM »
The Epic Power Pool power"Ice Blast" is currently bugged in game. It will not let you slot "Slow IO Sets" Just an FYI.
Sometimes you just gotta say; The laws of time and space...who gives a smeg.

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 08:20:21 PM »
  • Fixed salvage repetition bug in Shopping List

Thank you, thank you, thank you for fixing this!  :)

The salvage still shows up duplicated when the display is set to Recipes: On and Pop-Up: On, but this is a minor issue compared to getting the shopping list working correctly again.

Any chance of the salvage listing being reordered?  It's got some alphabetization issues (Military Cybernetic, Mu Vestment THEN Magical Conspiracy?).

Also, could the 4 alignment powers be added to the Temp Powers window, please?

Thanks again for the great job picking this back up!
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »
Duplicated salvage entries will be fixed in the next release.

I'll fix the alphabetization. It's currently being done by looping from A to Z and checking each salvage name for just its starting letter and adding it to the text if it's equal to the current letter, not by actually ordering the list.

Tinnota

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 02:44:44 PM »
Thank you for the update.

One issue I have noticed though is that Fiery Embrace is not properly updating the damage values of any Ancillary/Epic Pool attacks nor Electrical Melee's Lightning Rod attack.

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 02:57:23 PM »
I just looked at tankers, brutes, and scrappers, and the epic pools only appear to be broken for the scrappers. (I can't tell if the numbers are correct, but they are changing when Fiery Embrace is enabled/disabled.) But Lightning Rod is definitely broken for all of them, applying fire damage even if the character doesn't have fiery aura.

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 05:53:18 PM »
I just looked at tankers, brutes, and scrappers, and the epic pools only appear to be broken for the scrappers. (I can't tell if the numbers are correct, but they are changing when Fiery Embrace is enabled/disabled.) But Lightning Rod is definitely broken for all of them, applying fire damage even if the character doesn't have fiery aura.

Ah. I think I know what's going on... The code that sticks the numbers for summoned pseudo-pets isn't checking for the Modify Effect. I'll add it to the bug tracker.

NightSpinner

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 02:59:40 AM »
I can't install the newest version on Vista (I have a 64-bit system). Problem is I got rid of the old installer trying to make sure nothing from previous versions was interfering with the installation of the new version. Is there a different version for Vista? Or do I just have to somehow get the older version again? Thanks.

NightSpinner

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 04:37:54 AM »
You don't need the old installer. Download the new one from the cohplanner.com front page. Save to disk. Then you may or may not need to "run as administrator" to get it to function (right-click menu of the file).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Lynxsoldier

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 08:43:19 PM »
I'm having error message.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.
   at System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)
   at Hero_Designer.clsZlib.UnPack(String iRoot, String iFileName, DateTime& iDate, String& iComments)
   at Hero_Designer.clsXMLUpdate.ApplyUpdate(Int32& UpdateID)
   at Hero_Designer.clsXMLUpdate.UpdateCheck(Boolean Silent, frmLoading& iLoadFrm, Boolean CanQuit)
   at Hero_Designer.clsDataX..ctor(frmLoading& iFrm)
   at Hero_Designer.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4206 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Hero Designer
    Assembly Version: 1.6.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.6.001
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Titan%20Network/Mids%20Hero%20Designer/Hero%20Designer.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4205 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

DeProgrammer

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • DePro Depot
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 10:12:51 PM »
I'm going to guess based on the stack trace that you tried using the automatic updater in an older version to update to the most recent one?

Pious Heretic

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 12:33:22 AM »
This version is still broken. I am using the "MXDSetup1-8100" installer. All old versions of this program had been erased.

I get an error immediately trying to install the new version,

"Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files(x86)\Titan Network\Mids Hero Designer\Hero Designer.exe"

I can ignore this, and the program seems to install fine. Then, trying to execute, the thing wants to look for updates, or tells me there was a database error, which causes the program to encounter "a user defined breakpoint", which leads into "unhandled exception" errors, and the whole thing crashes.

Running as administrator (Windows 7) doesn't make a lick of difference for installing, executing or anything.

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »
First step is to make certain the Installer is run with Right-click Run As Administrator, second step is to try installing to a different location than Program Files or Program Files(x86)? Those folders generally require administrator privileges to install to, and it can be finicky about letting us work with it. If neither of those work, then I suggest waiting until version 1.9 comes out, which has a modifier to the installer such that it demands administrator access to run at all. Version 1.9 will come out within a couple of days of I19 going Live, so it should be close.

Sir Giles

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 05:49:41 PM »
    First.  I love Mids and thanks for all the hard work in the work you do getting this great program up-to-date.
    Second.  Just got a bit of a problem, you probably already know, but wanted to make sure you know.

• Some of the epic powers are wonky. This is because they are wonky on live and we reflect what is on live, not what we want to be on live.

Yes, I just actually confirmed with GM Grackle about the Patron Pool Patron Power from Black Scorpion.

"The "Mace Mastery" Patron Power Pool does provide different power choices for Controllers vs. Dominators, as you noted just a bit ago. Just to clarify:

-For Controllers, the powers available are: Poisonous Ray, Scorpion Shield, Disruptor Blast, Focused Accuracy and Summon Tarantula.

-For Dominators, the powers available are: Poisonous Ray, Scorpion Shield, Disruptor Blast, Personal Force Field and Summon Tarantula.

This is working as intended. As a Controller, you're not supposed to have the exact same powers available as Dominators from the "Mace Mastery" Patron Power Pool. The difference is the inclusion of the "Focused Accuracy" power, for Controllers, that was changed earlier and is cited in the patch notes to the game on 9/28. You can read more about that here:

http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/patch_notes/live_patch_notes_-_92910.html

Originally, there was a problem with this change that required a hotfix. That hotfix was deployed to the game in the very next patch on 10/5, as noted here:

http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/patch_notes/live_patch_notes_-_10510.html

In summary, the power choices that you're seeing available when you respec are correct for your Archetype."

I am writing this, because in game, it doesn't have Personal Force Field but does have Focused Accuracy as a power choice.  Mids is showing Personal Force Field when it should be Focused Accuracy.  Just a heads up to put on the bug list to fix.

Again, thanks for the awesomeness of Mids, and can't wait for your update to include Incarnate slotting!

@Sir Giles on Infinity
Sir Giles