Author Topic: When will i19 support be out?  (Read 5997 times)

caspianhiro

• Underling
When will i19 support be out?
« on: October 24, 2010, 10:25:06 PM »
Issue 19 is really the first issue in a long time that is going to make me respec most/all of my toons.

What is a current best guess at when the I19 support will be available?

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
Re: When will i19 support be out?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 07:03:13 AM »
They try to keep Mid's accurate to what is on the live servers at the moment.  I wouldn't expect to see a live version of I-19 Mid's until the i-19 goes live.

But I'd love to be wrong about that.  I've got about 70 respecs to plan.

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 12:26:02 PM »
If you just want to mess with Inherent Fitness, there's an unofficial patch for it floating around on the CoH forums; check it out here.

Otherwise, there won't be an I19 release of Mids until I19 goes live, for the very reason Tog said: the current release needs to match whatever is live. I19 is also going to be complicated in that it will have the Alpha Slot, too, so while we're going to try to have a version ready when I19 hits, it's entirely likely that it won't make it. It's tough to say, since we don't know what the timeframe is yet for I19's release (it hasn't even hit Test yet).

Bloodletter

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 01:24:18 PM »
I would like to point out that it is not necessary to respec your character right away.  They have stated that characters will not be able to 'adopt' the inherent fitness pool until they respec.  So if you just leave your character the way it is, it is still viable for the time being. . .even after i19 goes live.

Personally, I'm not going to be in a rush to change things.  I don't really see how Fitness going inherent is going to improve any of my builds.  Sure. . .those powers we get automatically. . .which frees up 3 power slots for other powers. . .but unfortunately. . .we're not getting any more enhancement slots.  We're actually going to weaken the character by spreading out our existing enhancement slots among more powers.  Not something I'm looking forward to.  And what they need to do is add a fourth row of powers in the tray. . .cause I really don't know where I'm going to squeeze in additional powers if they aren't automatic powers.

patteroast

• Minion
  • Rawr
    • Patteroast.net (Detailed CoX character list)
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 10:09:47 PM »
Yeah, the respecs aren't immediately necessary... but people are excited and want to get there. By being careful about where you get slots from, or by simply choosing new powers that don't need many slots, a character's performance should absolutely not be going down... yeah, a power or two might go from say six slotted to five slotted, but an entirely new power will be more than compensating for that. I know that most of my characters will be getting powers that I've always wished they could have, but couldn't fit in my build.

And you already can have a fourth tray. And a fifth, sixth, seventh, etc.  :)

As for Mids', there's the unofficial patches out there, but if you're only concerned with figuring out how many slots to put in which power at which time, an easy solution is to put your Stamina slots in say, Rest.

Energy Aura

• Boss
  • Mids' "Data Entry Drone"
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 12:13:47 AM »
As one of the Mid's crew I can tell you we don't have any plans for a pre-release, however, you can plan your respecs for I19 by adding 4 slots to Rest (2 for Health and 2 for Stamina) or any other combination using Rest, Sprint and Brawl.  Granted you won't see the benefits of sets etc, but those build WILL import into the I19 version when released. I've already got several of my rebuilds done in this manner.  I recommend putting the earliest slots in the current inherents so you don't forget.

Cheers

Bloodletter

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 03:03:19 PM »

And you already can have a fourth tray. And a fifth, sixth, seventh, etc.  :)

Not exactly.  You can set many trays up, but you can only have 3 displayed at any given time.  If I'm wrong, and there's a setting somewhere in Options that I'm missing, please map it out.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 03:45:15 PM »
Not exactly.  You can set many trays up, but you can only have 3 displayed at any given time.  If I'm wrong, and there's a setting somewhere in Options that I'm missing, please map it out.

3 trays directly bound to your key presses, sure.

You can have up to 8 more trays on the screen, added with Issue 12 (original patch notes)

There's also a custom 3x3 tray you can enable if you have the Razer MMO mouse

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 12:32:44 AM »
And a Page explaining it.

http://coh-tog.home.comcast.net/~coh-tog/book02/ui_07.htm

My Demon Mastermind runs with 8 trays active on screen.

Bloodletter

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 05:01:35 PM »
You can have up to 8 more trays on the screen, added with Issue 12 (original patch notes)
[/url]

This is great!  That's what I get for leaving right before i12.  *mental note to go back through all the old patch notes*

Appreciate the point in the right direction, and sorry I got this WAY off topic.  Feel free to delete as needed.