Author Topic: Mid's for I19 CRITICAL UPDATE  (Read 12523 times)

Energy Aura

• Boss
  • Mids' "Data Entry Drone"
Mid's for I19 CRITICAL UPDATE
« on: October 30, 2010, 02:35:19 PM »
OK, here's an update to the original post, Diellan and I found a solution that should get rid of the below listing.  Mid's I19 WILL support old (here after know as Legacy builds)

Hey all, just wanted to let everyone know we are working on I19 update and should have it ready for the actual I19 hitting live!

In preperation for I19 Mid's I wanted to post a critical update.  Every build you currently have on Mid's WILL cause an error in the new version.  I know that sounds bad, but it's not. 

In order to prevent this I am posting this in advance of I19 Mid's both Titan Network (first) and on then here.  Here's what you need to do to make I19 NOT crash on your current builds.

1.  REMOVE FITNESS POOL Powers from all your builds.  This is the direct reason for all of the errors!
2.  ADD all of the slots (minus the initial 1) to Rest, Sprint, and Brawl.  This allows you to "save" slots for the Inherent Fitness powers. (If you have 3 slotted Health and Stamina now, that's 5 slots in Rest)
3.  DON'T save builds using the "bootleg" patch for I19 that's floating around.  I haven't tested that illegal patch and so I can't say if it will work or not with the new version.
4.  MAKE all your builds I19 builds.  As long as you are going to the efforts of removing the Fitness Pool, it only makes sense to go ahead and plan for it.
5.  NUMBERS for the missing Health and Stamina are as follows (just a few numbers)
     Health Base value + 40% Regen
     Health w/ 3 level 50 IOs +79.63% Regen
     Health w/ Miracle Heal, Miracle +Recovery (40s), and Numina +Regen/Recovery (50) +55.64% Regen, plus 20% regen/17.5% Recovery
     Stamina Base value +25% Recovery
     Stamina w/ 3 level 50 IOs +49.77% Recovery
6.  LABEL your builds for I19 etc so you know which are compatable and which aren't.

Hopefully this makes your transition to the next version a bit more easy on you.

Jack Wolfe, busiest guy in I19
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 01:21:27 AM by Energy Aura »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Mid's for I19 CRITICAL UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 11:03:18 PM »
Soooo... should we make sure to keep a copy of the I18 planner around if we weren't planning on doing a respect on characters after I19 goes live?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Energy Aura

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 03:05:23 AM »
That's an option, but new powers etc will be updated into new Mid's. Just remove the Fitness pool from your builds and they will load fine.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 04:03:24 AM »
Hold up a tic, EA. You're probably going to have to take back your announcement both here and on the official boards.

DeProgrammer and I have looked into the issue and we believe the Mids program can be easily updated to support Inherent Fitness without altering any data or formats, and retain compatibility with legacy data chunk exports.

We should have a definitive word on it one way or the other tomorrow (though don't quote me on that), and I would expect a word of success of the two.

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 06:20:02 AM »
Well, let me put it straight:

I18 Mids builds will load perfectly fine in I19 Mids. It'll take a bit of work between Energy Aura, DeProgrammer, and myself, but even if it means that I19 Mids will be late, that's what'll happen. High priority for me.

Mids builds saved with the unofficial patch have no guarantees. I'll look into it, but it might not work.

patteroast

• Minion
  • Rawr
    • Patteroast.net (Detailed CoX character list)
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 09:59:07 AM »
Don't want to barge into the developer debate here, but I thought I should mention that since legacy characters can keep the old fitness pool for as long as they wish, it's probably best to keep it in Mids' somehow.

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 11:03:22 AM »
Don't want to barge into the developer debate here, but I thought I should mention that since legacy characters can keep the old fitness pool for as long as they wish, it's probably best to keep it in Mids' somehow.
We want to allow for both, but that might be a whole lot more complicated than it sounds... I won't know for sure until later. To put it simply: I want to have it, but I consider it a bonus, not a priority.

Energy Aura

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 02:34:02 PM »
Hold up a tic, EA. You're probably going to have to take back your announcement both here and on the official boards.

DeProgrammer and I have looked into the issue and we believe the Mids program can be easily updated to support Inherent Fitness without altering any data or formats, and retain compatibility with legacy data chunk exports.

We should have a definitive word on it one way or the other tomorrow (though don't quote me on that), and I would expect a word of success of the two.

You have to remember, this is a pure database change. Fitness will now be Inherent. When we update the Dbase for I19, it will automatically render old builds "bad". Thus the reason for my heads up!

I've been altering the Dbase manually for a month now mimicing the way Stoney and I added Ninja Run. That was easy because no one had it, it just appeared. In this case Fitness is in game and 99% of characters have it. Thus the saved file says one thing and the Dbase says something different.

I'm going to wait for Diellan to finish the coding he is working on, let's hope I was just crying wolf!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:47:17 PM by Energy Aura »

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 12:58:10 AM »
I see from the City of forums that you have found a fix for this issue. Nice work and I'm looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on it when i19 hits :)

Energy Aura

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 01:21:38 AM »
OK, here's an update to the original post, Diellan and I found a solution that should get rid of the below listing.  Mid's I19 WILL support old (here after know as Legacy builds)

removed a quote that made it really confusing as to what EA was saying -Agge
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:35:14 AM by Aggelakis »

Nitra

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 02:12:04 PM »
I wanted to say thanks to you guys for all the hard work in keeping Mids going... it's a great help to the coh community and I for one really appreciate your effort..

It's better to save the mystery, then surrender to the secret...

Capa Devans

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 04:05:03 PM »
So Mids for i19 will load pre-i19 builds without any alteration from users or not? I'm confused because if it is pre-19 compatible, I don't understand why you left the steps to fix it in the initial post rather than "Don't worry about it, Mids i19 will load Mids i18 builds".

Also have you increased the tanks HP in Mids yet? It was done in game ages ago but mids seems to show the old, lower value.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 05:35:54 AM »
Mids will load pre-I19 builds.

Tanker HP, I don't know about, as I'm not on the Mids team.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 05:59:06 AM »
Also have you increased the tanks HP in Mids yet? It was done in game ages ago but mids seems to show the old, lower value.

It was increased in Going Rogue (not exactly ages) and it somehow didn't make it into our db. I19 should have it.

PeteDutcher

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 03:59:09 PM »
It looks like i19 comes out today...and I am DYING to start my new builds!

Any chance we'll see the new mids uploaded today?

Diellan

• Elite Boss
    • SG/VG Site
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 10:00:34 PM »
Not likely. We're QAing the new database now. It should be ready within the next couple days, though.

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 02:50:35 PM »
Great! Looking forward to it.

Thanks for all your hard work!
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

PeteDutcher

• Underling
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 02:38:22 PM »
You guys rock! I'm anxious to get things going, but you guys do such a great service I'm blown away!

Kyle Al Mordu

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 09:06:03 PM »
Just downloaded the I19 planner and noticed something odd. When you start your build, it skips placing slots at level 3. You go directly to pick a level 4 power and then place level 5 slots. Am I missing something or is this a bug?